The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Doc’s mad rabbit hole journey.

Can’t remember what shaves I posted and what ones I didn’t but have had several good-great ones the last few days.

Yesterday I did a Doc Holiday shave to try out a product for the artisan and soon give her my thoughts on it. Initially it is different and favorable but I will hold off on a bunch until I get more permissions from her. Tonight is another @LNHC shave with Immortelle Woods and all this Weck talk caused me to drag my sextoblade out and give it a chance tonight. A fabulous Sorrentino custom whipped the suds.

35809AA5-73E7-4398-9398-29598F9ED947.jpeg974BE99A-B547-47A8-A634-CC1BC62E7619.jpeg

Well tonight I got a DFS- simply from lack of technical practice lately with a straight edge. I can say however that I would love more of this soap base it is insanely good. And I really do mean this is one of the best three soap based on the market hands down!!!!

Still preparing the abode for potential visitors this weekend due to wife’s surgery. Hopefully things go smoothly and she will be semi-Mobile within a week or so. Fairly in depth foot bone degradation has caused the issue and she will be unable to bear weight on the foot for 7-14 days then hopefully a cast and boot until fully healed.

Prayers and God’s blessings to each of you folks! Thanks for reading.

On the way home and I am so anxious to get there get her situated and hit the Den for my LNHC Haute Leather theme shave. Surgery was successful 6-10 weeks now for full recovery. 2 weeks with as close to zero weight on her leg as she physically can manage. Then 4-8 weeks in a boot and full knee high hard cast. I work next week Monday-Saturday then am off the full week after that. Hopefully it’s good enough to allow her to recover with minimal risks. After the last few days of this week I am more than ready for a great shave and a bit of bourbon in my glass. Devils cut is the juice for now but I have a bottle of Larceny.

Thanks for reading folks and for the well wishes and prayers for my boss lady. (Karen is her name). Prayers and God’s blessings to each of you my friends. Friends seem to make my life more enjoyable and even though I may never meet you all in person I consider each of you friends.

Found my label maker finally getting around to labels on the sides of my soaps. Probably should catalog them somehow as well.

Back