The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Doc’s mad rabbit hole journey.

Well gents I had every intention of doing a shave video tonight but that isn’t in the cards. My largest knife sharpening customer brought me a couple of them and he wants them back by Tuesday. Since I work at real job til 1 tomorrow and then back to the coast tonight is my only chance and finish them on Monday evening before taking them back. On that not man I am whipped. Long week house to myself tonight and then I get to drink really good bourbon while I watch tv and sharpen a few knives. The customer I am sharpening these for is a former paratrooper in our US Army and loves to buy new high end knives then attempt to make the factory edge sharper before he even uses them. I get them when he is tired of messing and make them sharp again. Not like sharpening a straight but I can make one tree top arm hair and glisten like a mirror and he really pays well for my services. It’s fun though to me figuring out how all these new high end powdered stainless steel knives take an edge and keep it. Not all steel is equal and not all steel can get razor sharp. Some like to be just under that and will stay that way for dang near ever.

Tonight’s victims are a Benchmade Infidel switchblade and a Spyderco Para-Military 2 the Infidel is S30V steel and the Para2 is S110V. The 110 is way more difficult because it’s harder but way easier because of their grind methods. This Infidel is a beast to sharpen.

Tonight’s shave was again absolutely fantastic with the .84 Gamechanger. A new soap to me but a nice one and worth tacking onto an order if I need free shipping and a splash that I don’t use near as often as I would like!

0BAC0FEC-9128-4273-B4BB-040BB6923BEE.jpeg
I have not had supper as of yet so I must go scavenging to see if Mrs Doc left me any leftovers or if I must make fire and cook something. Then back to the Bourbon and knives.

Hopefully all of you are aware that this weekend is more than just a three day weekend. Thank a veteran 364 days a year go thank a veteran’s widow and children on Monday. Give yourselves a whole new understanding of what our freedom to use this very forum cost!

Thanks for reading folks. Prayers and God’s blessings to each of you!

Quiet house, fun toys to play with, leftovers, and a little liquid relaxation...sounds like a fine evening ahead! Enjoy TJ!

I suck at sharpening knives! I usually cause more damage than anything else. So I really envy your skill!

Hopefully all of you are aware that this weekend is more than just a three day weekend. Thank a veteran 364 days a year go thank a veteran’s widow and children on Monday. Give yourselves a whole new understanding of what our freedom to use this very forum cost!
First, last and always. I always think of my Grandmother and my Uncle whose name I bear.

Great read and shave, TJ. I usually cheat with knives, and just get them to where I want them on the belt sander with a 1k grit belt lol.

Thanks for reading folks. Prayers and God’s blessings to each of you!

Thanks for that lovely sentiment @DocHoliday0831 my family certainly helped pay the price and I think of it often.

Camping shave

No pic

Rockwell Model T
Satin Tip black the purest synth
Arko Stick
Uncle Jons Clary Sage and Sweet Birch splash

Nice shave for confined space!

Prayers and God’s blessings to each of you folks. Thanks for reading.

Hope the bourbon didn’t result in Mr Murphy visiting. Hope everything is enjoyable on the coast brother.

Hope the bourbon didn’t result in Mr Murphy visiting. Hope everything is enjoyable on the coast brother.
Beautiful day today breezy and warm. Having a few Sangrias with friends while my grandparents watch the boys. Brought the Bulleit with me and did have a few fingers last night but no Murphy visits are allowed on a beach trip. At some point I need to hit the three wineries that we have in NC and do tastings there but haven’t gotten around to that since wine is my wife’s drink of choice and only sweet ones so finding a tasting that offers that is a bit of a challenge locally. Maybe we should just drive to Cali for a tasting that might get her what she wants.

Back