The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Doc’s mad rabbit hole journey.

Remember the lost soldiers that passed through to God’s care to give us a freedom that no other country has! Razorock Amici was the soap of the day and the .84 Gamechanger was its perfect partner. Whipped the lather with the Legacy TSC Sorrentino and had a few drinks with the spirit of gdaddy. Man the weight of the actual meaning of today sits heavily on my shoulders as the last couple Memorial Days have passed without him. I miss that man tremendously! I actually got the ok go ahead from the missus to purchase the OC plate for the Gamechanger as soon as Razorock releases it. And then I think I’m gonna be razored out for a good long while unless a birth year becomes available for a reasonable amount.

The last few weeks I have really been drinking a bit more than normal but not really getting intoxicated just more than I normally would drink. Not sure why but work seems to have at least a minimum amount of effects on that and then my oldest boy is seeing a new psychiatrist this week. I also have a dr appointment this week to see if my prescription protocols are working or not. Depression and social anxiety have played a heck of a time on my body and without meds it is difficult to function. I have been on anti-anxiety meds as well as anti headache meds for the last year or so and the headaches seem to be tied to the depression and anxiety. On top of the situation with stepmom I have had one hell of a time with life the last 6+ months.

SOTD

EE6B1CB5-0263-44E9-A6FD-94B7FA9151DE.jpeg

Thanks for reading folks! Prayers and God’s blessings to each of you. Remember the lost for they paid the ultimate price for your freedom!

Hope the meds get sorted quickly! Glad to have seen the photos from you and the family being able to get out and spend time together.

Glad you had some time with family and hope the meds get sorted out and you get to feeling as well as you can. I have a ton of experience in this arena.....................more than anyone should. Take care !!!

Struggling today with thoughts all over the place. Friends and relatives that have passed on have been on my mind especially those that served this country. With many more years to come I hope that I can continue to not lose friends that are around my age. Of the 146 I graduated high school with in 2000 7 are passed on. 4 others that were one or two years ahead of me and a couple actually younger. It is strange to see a family break down once someone <35 years old passes but it’s the nature of this ephemeral life on Earth.

Quick shave entry tonight then onward onward march to households duties.

623F0F8C-E7D0-4182-9D8A-0535445104A3.jpeg
Thanks for reading folks and being there as a sounding board. Prayers and God’s blessings to each of you my family and cadre!

Alright folks short entry tonight but remembering where you start sometimes gives insights into where you are going.

Derby Extra New
Stirling Boar Brush
CFG GTB soap/shave soap/splash/edp
And the DE “Ghosttown” Fatboy

Boom that is what I call a stellar bbs shave

0451A9D0-6ACD-4565-9EBB-64A378A0051E.jpeg

Thanks for reading folks! Prayers and God’s blessings to each of you.

Remembering friendships last night.

CBL Oud Minerale
Sorrentino Boar (the first one he ever did)
Game changer

22BF73B0-84B0-4DDD-9EC7-7FD8AC7FFAC9.jpeg
Thanks for reading folks. Prayers and God’s blessings to each of you!

Remembering friendships last night.

CBL Oud Minerale
Sorrentino Boar (the first one he ever did)
Game changer

View attachment 4201

I just want to say TJ...Thank you for posting here. No matter what the day brings you...no matter what you are experiencing for the day...no matter if the headaches are killing you or if the job front is difficult...I always appreciate and love reading this...

Prayers and God’s blessings to each of you!

Other than TSC...I really don't know you...something if possible I would like to rectify one day...but what I do know of you is that you are a selfless in your actions and seem to care about others a great deal more than yourself. This is commendable and not often seen much any more. I just want to say that I appreciate you and I like reading your journal. No matter what the day brings you...you always have your friends here at TSC!

Finished off a wonderful day with family with an absolutely wonderful shave.
983F3688-2A3D-4C70-A8E5-D81F7B8A002A.jpeg
Put a new Nacet in the Gamechanger and have still got a bbs face 10 hours or so after the shave. Needless to say that I believe my RAD for DE’s is busted.

Let’s run down yesterday after church service. Lunch was just a sandwich and then me and baby boy crashed in my chair til 3-330. Mom called and asked us over for burgers and dogs so I went and cooked for the whole crew (mom, aunt, my wife and kids, me, my brother, his fiancé and his 3 boys). We all live less than a half-mile from each other though the woods and farm paths we can get to each other’s house and never get on a state maintained road. After supper we came back home and oldest son and I played a bit of baseball in the yard. Then I sat on the deck with a bourbon and watched him build an imaginary campfire and sit there over it for a while. We had a wonderful day.

Sounds like a great day TJ. You and the youngest seem to be pro level nappers!

What fun to live so close to family! It’s the way things should be. Reminds me of my dad’s stories about growing up in PA, everyone in the family lived within walking distance of each other, always a Sunday afternoon get together and meal with the entire family. What good times.

Well I didn’t post a pic of my shave here last night but I did participate in the A day theme

Santal Absolut soap/splash
Gamechanger .84
Good good shave bbs
Sorrentino Padauk Cashmere

9A775D86-0B22-4926-B86E-FE0AAA351119.jpeg

Thanks for reading folks! Prayers and God’s blessings to each of you.

Well I’ve been crazy busy at work and then coming home to prep for the boss lady surgery this Friday. The faucet broke in my boy’s tub and I had to find a new one then now I have to change it. Looking forward to some super delivery days this week one from Lisa and one from Stirling. I think 4 soaps from Lisa’s and four sets from Stirling plus one edt.

Thanks for reading folks folks. Prayers and God’s blessings to each of you.

Well I’ve been crazy busy at work and then coming home to prep for the boss lady surgery this Friday. The faucet broke in my boy’s tub and I had to find a new one then now I have to change it. Looking forward to some super delivery days this week one from Lisa and one from Stirling. I think 4 soaps from Lisa’s and four sets from Stirling plus one edt.

Thanks for reading folks folks. Prayers and God’s blessings to each of you.
That is a Delivery!

Back