The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Dave's Barber Shop Discussion

@uacowboy came in for a Deluxe Service today; Haircut, Shampoo, Hot Towel Shave, and Facial Massage. Here are the before and afters and a video of the barbershop shave
before:

After:

A low pompadour sweep tapered lightly at the nape styled with Clubman Gel, Gentlemens republic, and Holy Black pomade

...and the shave...

Thanks Kyle for coming in!​

Great meetup guys. Watching you do the shave it occurs to me that must be much more difficult to achieve than I first thought. Without the feedback from the razor on your own face keeping the right angle and pressure must require super barber senses. The angles are all REVERSED too, more like stropping on his face than shaving your own.

Good job.

Pleased to feature this on my Facebook feed.
Wow Rich, Thank you so much
Nice idea to have the video set up! Looks like a great, relaxing process...lucky Kyle!

View attachment 2764

Thanks Chris, much appreicated
Great meetup guys. Watching you do the shave it occurs to me that must be much more difficult to achieve than I first thought. Without the feedback from the razor on your own face keeping the right angle and pressure must require super barber senses. The angles are all REVERSED too, more like stropping on his face than shaving your own.

Good job.

Thanks Chris, and yes it is angles stroke and feedback are different for sure, however sound is the biggest ally, and a good pre-shave consultation and beard mapping helps immensely. Spacial awareness is the biggie and a supper light touch. Thanks for watching. It is akin to being a pilot, and then thinking that you will be awesome flying an RC plane. Takes a tons of practice. Left in a cockpit is actual right when an RC plane is coming right at you. So in the same sense you have to re-program your brain. BTW congrats on 1K

Kyle = TSC’s first professional model.

Nice video HBD! Looks like a pampering experience.

haha great job on the video Dave! The cut and shave were great too.

I actually gave a friend a straight shave one time a couple years ago. it was definitely an interesting experience but it went well.

Great video with Kyle! Man there is a lot that goes into that shave! I have a few places around here that do straight shaves...I will have to compare!

Kyle = TSC’s first professional model.

Nice video HBD! Looks like a pampering experience.

I hop he thought so, Thanks
Awesome video and tutorial @HandleBarberDave That style looks good on you Kyle @uacowboy
Thanks
DAVE!!! @HandleBarberDave so...with the lapel pins you have and wear...why not a TSC lapel pin?
That is a good idea @Cvargo @CBLindsay
Great video with Kyle! Man there is a lot that goes into that shave! I have a few places around here that do straight shaves...I will have to compare!
Thanks Brother
That was the deluxe, I have three:
The Basic: Machine lather, 14 steps 2 hot towel, cold towel, aftershave and talc
The Deluxe: ( what Kyle did ) Proraso Proiducts, Styling Products Roffler, Gentlemens Republic pomade, etc 3 full passes if needed
The Italian Elite: All Italian Products ( Saponificio Varesino Soap and Aftershave, Borotalco Talc, Italian Edt and a real straight if wanted by customer 6 hot towels, 1 cold towel complete facial rest massage. 3 full passes if needed inlcuding clean up

Just getting caught up -
Wow, two sharp looking Cadre members, and a young one too!

The shave video is pretty amazing, how long does it take in real time? That just looks like an incredibly relaxing experience, like a spa trip almost.

I visited a traditional barber while in CA a couple of weeks back, just for a clipper cut, and it was super relaxing. My barber here gives much more basic service, and after my cut in CA, feel that we need to up the standard here.

Back