The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Dave's Barber Shop Discussion

The shop where I go has a sign "We repair home-made haircuts". I've always liked that. The last time I had a cut, the lady commented "You do know your hair grows in all different directions". I didn't know what to think of THAT. But they always do fine work,

Wow I can’t believe I haven’t posted here since February of last year. Had a very interesting thing happened in the shop today. I finally decided to use the essence in the shop because I finally remembered to bring my second one here I use the feather pro guard and for my one client rather than using the hot ladder machine I went ahead and cracked open a new bamboo bowl of my Hombres BarberShop Shaving soap made by CBL. I did his haircut as normal which is an Italian razor cut swep back. Then started the three past shave which was absolutely perfect the new soap has been aging wonderfully and the good news is when we were done and he woke up, which is the best compliment you can give a Barber, he compared me as an artist to an old time Shoemaker again a fantastic complement so much so that I am now scheduling him twice a week in the mornings for a shave in his word until I die or until I can’t walk so there are good things and good people that still happen in the barbershop. And even though this is retirement number three for me it proves that I’m doing what I’ve always should’ve done that’s the type of barber you want to get. Just thought I’d share and I’m gonna be doing a Haircuts video and another Shave video with the explanation probably in a couple of months

My wife doesn't think that falling asleep is the greatest compliment, so thanks for setting her straight. As a bald guy that rasps his head with an R41, hair-styling videos are interesting for nostalgia value alone.
The fact you can make an old man very happy is fabulous and you have a great job. Hot lather machine? pfft.
When i leave work i figure they made a happy man very old.

Flatblading addition to your excellent SR shave tutorial please!

T

Ok
My wife doesn't think that falling asleep is the greatest compliment, so thanks for setting her straight. As a bald guy that rasps his head with an R41, hair-styling videos are interesting for nostalgia value alone.
The fact you can make an old man very happy is fabulous and you have a great job. Hot lather machine? pfft.
When i leave work i figure they made a happy man very old.

Flatblading addition to your excellent SR shave tutorial please!

T
Once I get through the 777 I will do a video on it. Thanks

What does a haircut look like when you do it with a straight razor?

I give it to you the Roffler Sculpture Kut™️
Not too many of us barbers do this or instruct this anymore, but it gives her a wonderful finish, and of course, sideburns arching around the ear side and neck shave

IMG_0594.jpeg

IMG_0593.jpeg
IMG_0592.jpeg

After the discussion this Pic caused in a private group chat you still decided to post it huh
I can’t help it if you guys are a bunch of sickos. The truth is a wonderful barbershop, shave where your brain goes. It’s up to you.

By the way, Kona says hi🤓😏😏

Back