The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Bourbon Country Shave Journal - Dave in KY

By the way @FarmerTan there is a “peanut gallery” joke going around...I really do LIKE Steve...though I have called him Bruce...😂

Friday July 24, 2020
Razor: Gillette Big Fellow
Blade: Wizamet (?)
Brush: @Techichi
Soap: Tonsorial Williams
Aftershave 1: Humphrey's Alcoholado Maravilla
Aftershave 2: Anthony's Authentic Bay Rum
Fragrance: BVLGARI Aqva Amara

Island life, aaaaaaah. Don't ya hate when your nearing the end of vacation and have to go home to routines again. Should have this soap wrapped up before the beginning of next week............................hopefully. Not sure how my 1508.5 turned into a 3017 but blame it on my get it done attitude when I start something. The Big Fellow I need to send for a re-plate but want to get time to try cleaning it first.
It's Friday and I have a HOT one to do a house and some floors but I WILL hydrate. Have a good day Cadre !!!
AppropriateAgedFlyingfish-small.gif
IMG_20200724_044615476.jpg

Saturday July 25, 2020
Razor: Schick "G" Injector
Blade: Schick Chick (?)
Brush: Wolf Whisker Black Wolf
Aftershave 2: Nivea 2 into 1
Fragrance: Penhaligon's Endymion Cologne

Things had been feeling bleak on the island and Sam and I had decisions to make.
f784dfdcf577f2efb815db3342f8a24b--island-pictures-desert-island.jpg
Still a successful day on the island was had. Before the shave this was the soap...
IMG_20200725_054056145.jpg
I had a great lather but again the slickness the Vintage Williams is known for was lacking. I don't know if it was due to the end of the puck or the Aqua Velva soak it had early on. Regardless a close comfortable shave was had but care was needed on the ATG pass. Topped off with Humphrey's, Nivea 2 into 1 splash and Endymion. I'm done checking the pieces around the bowl and decided I'm calling this one and adding the pieces to the 2nd clown puke tub in progress.
IMG_20200725_060111204.jpg
IMG_20200725_060225664.jpg
Unfortunately Sam @woodpusher has not been cooperating with my plans to leave the island.
6fe55dd1b95451c8ec77cfd9e3cbf045--desert-island-funny-cartoons.jpg
Bizarro+04-19-20+WEB.jpg
But in the end I was able to get off the island for the final time. Looking forward to some variety in my shaves going forward and trying some new things that have been sitting in the wings.
190605005651-arizona-spinning-helicopter-rescue-mh-orig-00002724-large-169.jpg
IMG_20200725_054113022.jpg
I learned a lot from my time on the island that has help my mindset on things going forward. Have a great day Cadre !!!

Saturday July 25, 2020
Razor: Schick "G" Injector
Blade: Schick Chick (?)
Brush: Wolf Whisker Black Wolf
Aftershave 2: Nivea 2 into 1
Fragrance: Penhaligon's Endymion Cologne

Things had been feeling bleak on the island and Sam and I had decisions to make.
View attachment 30681
Still a successful day on the island was had. Before the shave this was the soap...
View attachment 30677
I had a great lather but again the slickness the Vintage Williams is known for was lacking. I don't know if it was due to the end of the puck or the Aqua Velva soak it had early on. Regardless a close comfortable shave was had but care was needed on the ATG pass. Topped off with Humphrey's, Nivea 2 into 1 splash and Endymion. I'm done checking the pieces around the bowl and decided I'm calling this one and adding the pieces to the 2nd clown puke tub in progress.
View attachment 30679
View attachment 30680
Unfortunately Sam @woodpusher has not been cooperating with my plans to leave the island.
View attachment 30682
View attachment 30683
But in the end I was able to get off the island for the final time. Looking forward to some variety in my shaves going forward and trying some new things that have been sitting in the wings.
View attachment 30684
View attachment 30678
I learned a lot from my time on the island that has help my mindset on things going forward. Have a great day Cadre !!!
Well, even though the last few shaves lacked slickness, there's something cool about getting to try out a classic product. I know you're looking forward to some variety. Enjoy it, you earned it!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Back