The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Bourbon Country Shave Journal - Dave in KY

Yep have one in the den and one in the shop.. Agreed to expensive but the cool factor makes up for it. Looks Good Dave
But do they keep time well?

You know Barbers! "Walk ins Welcome!" THEY don't care what time it is! Us poor Cosmetologists had to wait on the phone to ring because we made appointments!

Don't worry I have already told Katelyn...but I'll tell anyways. The soap and aftershave set that I want, but do not have yet is Noble Otter Lonestar. They have been out of stock for a while, I keep checking to see if they are announcing when it will be re-stocked. The straight razor I am looking for is a Dorko 1151. I saw one reasonably priced a couple weeks ago and I am kicking myself for not jumping on it, but I was currently bidding on a Filli 14.
Okay I lied there is one other razor I want, but I blame y'all for hyping it up so much and that would be the Vector. I like the slim head on it and that is a "must have" razor.
I ordered some scent samples from Stirling and I have a feeling that scents will be my new acquisition disorder if I start down that rabbit hole.
Pat, I’m right there with ya about the Vector. It’s been taking every ounce of restraint I have to to buy one...

But do they keep time well?

You know Barbers! "Walk ins Welcome!" THEY don't care what time it is! Us poor Cosmetologists had to wait on the phone to ring because we made appointments!
No I do appointment 99% of the time in my shop and with Covid even more important usually booked out 2 weeks in advance, and Yes the clock keeps good time, mine is a Gruen 2310 Quartz movement so no issues at all on either one

I can send you mine for a test drive if you like. Dave lent me his and was an easy sale...even though I pulled the trigger before it got to me. :ROFLMAO:

Ben I will take you up on that offer a little later for sure. I'm afraid if I try it out now I will buy it right away! Thanks buddy!

Wednesday July 22, 2020
Razor: Rockwell 6s Plate 5
Blade: Wizamet (1)
Brush: @Graydog Boar
Soap: Tonsorial Williams
Aftershave 1: Humphrey's Alcoholado Maravilla
Aftershave 2: Proraso Green Splash
Fragrance: Paco Rabanne Invictus

Another day on the ......................................yeah still here. Using a gifted brush from Steve. It seems the knot is set too low for me and difficult to lather with. Love the handle but this may need a reknot. I'll need to see what size it is with calipers later when I have time. Lather was just okay today. Not sure if it's getting to the end issues or the knot but we survived the shave and came away smelling good. Have a great day Cadre !!
IMG_20200722_073313064.jpg

Wednesday July 22, 2020
Razor: Rockwell 6s Plate 5
Blade: Wizamet (1)
Brush: @Graydog Boar
Soap: Tonsorial Williams
Aftershave 1: Humphrey's Alcoholado Maravilla
Aftershave 2: Proraso Green Splash
Fragrance: Paco Rabanne Invictus

Another day on the ......................................yeah still here. Using a gifted brush from Steve. It seems the knot is set too low for me and difficult to lather with. Love the handle but this may need a reknot. I'll need to see what size it is with calipers later when I have time. Lather was just okay today. Not sure if it's getting to the end issues or the knot but we survived the shave and came away smelling good. Have a great day Cadre !!
View attachment 30429
30mm from whipped dog
If do remove the knot you can't steam it out because of what the steam will do to the wood. You will have to cut it off and drill it out. Or you can send it back to me and I will do it for you.

30mm from whipped dog
If do remove the knot you can't steam it out because of what the steam will do to the wood. You will have to cut it off and drill it out. Or you can send it back to me and I will do it for you.
Thanks Steve ! Love the handle !! Protecting me from my stupidity.......THANKS !!!! I'll think about options when I can think ;) :cool:

Last edited:
Back