The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Bourbon Country Shave Journal - Dave in KY

I had set my Whipped Dog boar knot way too low too. I definitely got better performance after the epoxy failed because I didn't mix it correctly and I was able to reset the knot higher.

Thursday July 23, 2020
Razor: Razorock Lupo
Blade: Wilkinson Sword (2)
Brush: @Graydog Badger
Soap: Tonsorial Williams
Aftershave 1: Humphrey's Alcoholado Maravilla
Aftershave 2: Pitralon
Fragrance: Prada Luna Rossa Black

Still on the island but days are numbered now as I am breaking thru the bottom of this thin chip of soap left. It seems to have lost it's slickness it's known for. Will try a synthetic brush tomorrow and see if it helps. The Wilkinson Sword blade is binned after 2 uses as it just doesn't feel sharp enough for me to get the job done. Kinda over sampling the loose blades I have. I know what ones work for me and have plenty. Loaded another Wizamet into the Lupo for the next time it gets the call. Storms rolling thru today so moved the house that was scheduled today to tomorrow................................. :unsure: Wonder if they know the implications of that. 😂:cool:
Have a GREAT day Cadre !!!!
IMG_20200722_211203383.jpg

Last edited:
I have smooshed my modern Williams together a few times now. Hard to tell exactly how much usable is left before it goes to unrecoverable crumbs.

Thursday July 23, 2020
Razor: Razorock Lupo
Blade: Wilkinson Sword (2)
Brush: @Graydog Badger
Soap: Tonsorial Williams
Aftershave 1: Humphrey's Alcoholado Maravilla
Aftershave 2: Pitralon
Fragrance: Prada Luna Rossa Black

Still on the island but days are numbered now as I am breaking thru the bottom of this thin chip of soap left. It seems to have lost it's slickness it's known for. Will try a synthetic brush tomorrow and see if it helps. The Wilkinson Sword blade is binned after 2 uses as it just doesn't feel sharp enough for me to get the job done. Kinda over sampling the loose blades I have. I know what ones work for me and have plenty. Loaded another Wizamet into the Lupo for the next time it gets the call. Storms rolling thru today so moved the house that was scheduled today to tomorrow................................. :unsure: Wonder if they know the implications of that. 😂:cool:
Have a GREAT day Cadre !!!!
View attachment 30508
Love that chair 😍

Back