The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Bourbon Country Shave Journal - Dave in KY

Tuesday July 21, 2020
Razor: Blackland Vector
Blade: Schick Proline (1)
Brush: The Hive
Soap: Tonsorial Williams
Aftershave 1: Humphrey's Alcoholado Maravilla
Aftershave 2: Speick
Fragrance: Paco Rabanne Pour Homme

Well after loading the Williams today it stayed intact so it looks like my stay on the Island continues...........
1595330485061.png
Got a great lather today but wasn't it's usual slickness. By the 3rd pass it was better and must have been lacking in water that it acquired along the way by then. The Vector has sat too long and was enjoyed with a new blade. Topped with Speick and Pour Homme Paco Rabanne and ready for the day and miserable news while I have some coffee.................Have a great day Cadre !!!!!
IMG_20200721_064945864.jpg

Miserable news??? Have a good one Dave! Also, because of Wilson...do you have something to tell us about @woodpusher?
While I'm anxious to get to my variety of soaps, it's not necessarily bad news. we'll get there. As far as Sam @woodpusher with the virus and all I go thru a 14 day quarantine when I get on the island each time and we still haven't seen much of each other since my last landing.
anigif_enhanced-buzz-23952-1363279780-4.gif
I may get to disembark before the quarantine is lifted this time. Hope he's okay though. I'll leave Wilson when I go so he isn't alone......

Glad the shave was better than yesterday. And a quick comment from yesterday's shave. I, like others have expressed, will not be joining in the ribbing. With the exception of a really sought after soap and/or aftershave every once in a while (like once or twice a year), any of my purchases will likely come from things I really want and need to save up for. You know...the types of purchases where you sock away a sawbuck or two in the back of the underwear drawer each payday. But even so...I definitely have enough soaps and aftershave to last quite a while. Maybe not as many as you or others around here...but plenty enough!

Dave...I detect less pep in your step. I hope nothing is serious. You are an inspiration and a positive influence...err...you remain positive for the rest of us! (You are a positive factor in our lives...but an influence? Yeah you are definitely a bad influence for all of us!) 🤪

Have a Stupid Great Day Dave!

Dave...I detect less pep in your step. I hope nothing is serious. You are an inspiration and a positive influence...err...you remain positive for the rest of us! (You are a positive factor in our lives...but an influence? Yeah you are definitely a bad influence for all of us!) 🤪

Have a Stupid Great Day Dave!
For the most part, I'm fine Don but thanks. I've always been the type that can handle pretty much anything as I've been thru a ton for several lifetimes that I won't get into. What hurts me more than anything is when I see the ones I care about and love suffering or having trouble dealing with things...................That's what always gets me if I can't fix it for them.......

I just fear the effect of the end of the island time on Sam....

Back