The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Bourbon Country Shave Journal - Dave in KY

I'm trying to come up with an OC version that will actually print well. so far my attempts at those base plates have looked more like something that wants to eat your face rather than shave it lol

Saturday July 18, 2020
Razor: Rockwell 6s Plate 5
Blade: Wizamet (8)
Brush: Stirling Boar
Soap: Tonsorial Williams
Aftershave 1: Humphrey's Alcoholado Maravilla
Aftershave 2: Florida Water
Talc: Vintage Williams
Talc Brush: @Graydog Horse Hair
Fragrance: PdP #63

Still on the Island and working thru the Tonsorial Williams.
1595069355918.png

I have to admit, I keep thinking about what soap I want to use and yet I still keep grabbing the Williams thinking it gets me 1 shave closer to finishing it.................................................what a conundrum. Another great shave. Stirling Boar shed 2 hairs so hoping the end is in site on that at least. Topped off with some Williams talc. Have a great day and weekend Cadre !!
IMG_20200718_061636089.jpg

I have about the same left of my modern Wiliams, Dave, but if will finish before you if you don't keep plugging away at it.

Sunday July 19, 2020
Razor: Gillette Guard Razor
Blade: Gillette Guard Cart (1)
Brush: Shavemac 2 Band Silvertip Ebonite
Soap: Tonsorial Williams
Aftershave 1: Humphrey's Alcoholado Maravilla
Aftershave 2: Barbasol Pacific Rush
Fragrance: Guerlain Vetiver

Still on the island............................
8574square__06957.1578598155.jpg
........................which was perfect to do the Candlelight Shave @Patelliott tagged me for. Can't see much as my candle must be significantly smaller then y'alls. Is what it is. 1st ever use of the Gillette Guard which many recommend for a cart......................................Um, it was not fun, felt cheap and got adequate results. Video uploading in VLOG section.
IMG_20200718_160550106.jpg

I enjoyed your video, probably more than you enjoyed the shave. I still have to do my candlelight shave video, as soon as my camera mount arrives. I'm looking forward to filming it, but not necessarily the candlelight aspect of it!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

I enjoyed your video, probably more than you enjoyed the shave. I still have to do my candlelight shave video, as soon as my camera mount arrives. I'm looking forward to filming it, but not necessarily the candlelight aspect of it!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
I could see fine with the little light given. You can see better than the lighting appears. These guys with bigger candles must have had a ton of light. You got this Frank !!

A while back there was a bunch of people who were touting that the Guard was a great shaver to replace the other cart shavers. I just have had absolutely no interest in shaving with one. Your thoughts have confirmed this for me.

That Ebonite Brush is one of your better looking brushes Dave. And with a Shavemac 2 Band...man I bet that bad boy can lather a soap and I bet it feels good on the face!

A while back there was a bunch of people who were touting that the Guard was a great shaver to replace the other cart shavers. I just have had absolutely no interest in shaving with one. Your thoughts have confirmed this for me.

That Ebonite Brush is one of your better looking brushes Dave. And with a Shavemac 2 Band...man I bet that bad boy can lather a soap and I bet it feels good on the face!
Yep, not worth it. I'd prefer a Jectah ! Thanks Don !

... I'd prefer a Jectah ! ....
tenor.gif

Sorry the shave wasn’t up to par! Have t tried the Guard yet, but the Trac II is just meh as well. It’ll do in a pinch. At least ya smell good!

Back