The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Bourbon Country Shave Journal - Dave in KY

I keep trying to social distance on my island, but someone keeps visiting every other day or so, making my 2-week waiting period start anew each time. :rolleyes:
He ain't no supermodel, but hey, beggars can't be choosers and when he visits, he is still the purdiest thang on the island. 🤪
I keep trying to get away only to find Sam has sabotaged the escape vessel. Been here a week straight not every other day lately...........................I feel so ignored......
AdvancedRawAmericancurl-size_restricted.gif

I'm a bit unclear on the term, "Tonsorial Williams."
Yes, as Dave said. The term tonsorial means of or relating to barbering or a barber. So Tonsorial Williams was labeled for barber use, and was not available to the public. It came in rolls or boxes and each puck was not individually wrapped/boxed like the consumer product was. Unsure if the formula was any different than the consumer product. Many say it's the same, but others claim the tonsorial is better.

You could always vacuum pack the Williams that’s left and bury it in a time capsule for future desert island shavers!

128F50F2-43AC-4B7F-8FD3-1ADE558FF826.gif

Friday July 17, 2020
Razor: 3D Printed DE
Blade: Wizamet (1)
Brush: 2nd Anniversary/Badger/Boar
Soap: Tonsorial Williams
Aftershave 1: Humphrey's Alcoholado Maravilla
Aftershave 2: Skin Bracer
Fragrance: CK ONE

Great shave with the razor and used the mug to soak my brush. Video uploading
IMG_20200716_195956973.jpg

I enjoyed your video. I was inspired to try the Humphreys Alcoholado Maravilla, so I went on Walgreens.com and cashed in a bunch of bonus points. They ship to the store down the street for free, so it ended up costing $1! I usually use an alum block, but it'll be nice to switch things up.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

I enjoyed your video. I was inspired to try the Humphreys Alcoholado Maravilla, so I went on Walgreens.com and cashed in a bunch of bonus points. They ship to the store down the street for free, so it ended up costing $1! I usually use an alum block, but it'll be nice to switch things up.

All Humphreys products are good especially for $1. I doubt you will get what I use which is the Maravilla 70 and been discontinued/sold out for some time now. Down to my current and 1 back up bottle. Hope you enjoy whatever version you get đź‘Ť

All Humphreys products are good especially for $1. I doubt you will get what I use which is the Maravilla 70 and been discontinued/sold out for some time now. Down to my current and 1 back up bottle. Hope you enjoy whatever version you get [emoji106]
Yep, what I got is not the 70. I'm still excited to try something new though!

FRIDAY TAKE 2

Friday July 17, 2020
Razor: @uacowboy 3D Printed DE
Blade: Wizamet (2)
Brush: @Techichi The Hive
Soap: Tonsorial Williams
Aftershave 1: Humphrey's Alcoholado Maravilla
Aftershave 2: Aqua Velva
Fragrance: CK ONE

After needing a shower because of the sticky sweaty mess I became at work I decided to get a 2nd shave in with the razor from Kyle @uacowboy As I suspected this morning the stubble was reappearing sooner but not real bad. Definitely enough for another shave though. I can with skin stretching and buffing get a DSBBS shave but while a smooth and mild shaver it leaves me a little raw/burn feeling due to the extra effort. Not sure what could be done any different in Kyle's tweaking. He pretty much has a great little shaver here and a pleasure to use. I added a sticker as Chris @GearNoir hinted at something being needed. It does break up the black slate nicely. Have a great evening Cadre !!
IMG_20200717_155545725.jpg

Back