The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Bourbon Country Shave Journal - Dave in KY

Wednesday July 15, 2020
Razor: La Sorta OC
Blade: Wizamet (2)
Brush: Rubberset 400 Silvertip
Soap: Tonsorial Williams
Aftershave 1: Humphrey's Alcoholado Maravilla
Aftershave 2: Skin Bracer
Fragrance: BVLGARI Man in Black Essence

The Tonsorial has become a wafer small enough to set into the inset of the Turkish Bowl..........
IMG_20200715_070322931_HDR.jpg
1d364096669b0141de4c95abad18d866--island-blue-desert-island.jpg
IMG_20200715_064519697.jpg

Thursday July 16, 2020
Razor: Rockwell 6s Plate 5
Blade: Gillette Platinum (7)
Brush: @Graydog Quilt
Soap: Tonsorial Williams
Aftershave 1: Humphrey's Alcoholado Maravilla
Aftershave 2: Aqua Velva
Fragrance: Acqua Di Gio Profumo

A week straight using the Tonsorial Williams and actually enjoying it but I can't help but have a trapped feeling until it's done and I have the freedom of choices again which is why I tend to use it more than the 1508.5 calls for..............................I feel I may never get off this island....................
3-wishes-on-a-deserted-island_o_110275.jpgIMG_20200715_205404232.jpg

I'm a bit unclear on the term, "Tonsorial Williams." Is that another name for the old formulation, or the new, or is there a third variety of Williams I'm just not familiar with?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

I'm a bit unclear on the term, "Tonsorial Williams." Is that another name for the old formulation, or the new, or is there a third variety of Williams I'm just not familiar with?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
They're both obviously vintage. The Tonsorial may have been made for Barber use, I'm not sure. KJ @Spider is my authority on Williams. Some have done comparisons of them and feel they are the same but packaged differently for barbers perhaps. I just label what I'm using and have some of both. (y)
IMG_20200716_072904272.jpg

I keep trying to social distance on my island, but someone keeps visiting every other day or so, making my 2-week waiting period start anew each time. :rolleyes:
He ain't no supermodel, but hey, beggars can't be choosers and when he visits, he is still the purdiest thang on the island. 🤪

Back