The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Bourbon Country Shave Journal - Dave in KY

Kidney stones are no fun at all. When I get a that particular lower back pain for no reason at all, i super hydrate for 3-5 days to helps that little one work through before it decides to settle down and grow into a big one. Blah.
Yep I'm hydrating to push it but that usually escalates the pain as it builds pressure till it moves..........this too shall pass 🤪

Doh! I’d say what I think about this but I’d get censored again. Sorry brother, that really sucks.

I listened to a Grand Rounds last week actually about the prevention of kidney stones. They cited a lot of research showing that some common wisdom even by general practitioners isn’t correct any more. Of course we all know the #1 way to reduce the reoccurrence is hydration every day. At least 2L. The 2nd most important thing to do is reduce sodium intake. Apparently I’ve forgotten the pain because it hasn’t stopped me from my lightly pistachios.

Doh! I’d say what I think about this but I’d get censored again. Sorry brother, that really sucks.

I listened to a Grand Rounds last week actually about the prevention of kidney stones. They cited a lot of research showing that some common wisdom even by general practitioners isn’t correct any more. Of course we all know the #1 way to reduce the reoccurrence is hydration every day. At least 2L. The 2nd most important thing to do is reduce sodium intake. Apparently I’ve forgotten the pain because it hasn’t stopped me from my lightly pistachios.
Sorry about the stone @Dave in KY and thanks for the info @NurseDave...seems the Daves are crushing it as usual...

Sorry about your pains Dave. Must be good though to get out of the house for a little bit and have something to accomplish! Go easy out there on the lake house today!

Back