The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Bourbon Country Shave Journal - Dave in KY

Nice shave Dave! I too have thought about the same thing with Talc. So far what I have read on Borotalco, it seems safe for people to use. I too hold my breath while doing it and I'll stick my head out the door for a second breath if needed.
I've done the same with head out the door for a breath. If they have warnings in general, it can't be good for you if you have issues already......

Talc inhalation can cause wheezing, coughing, chest pain and difficulty breathing. Although rare, talcum poisoning can prove fatal. Because of these risks, Johnson & Johnson includes a warning on its baby powder product. It says to keep the powder away from your child's face to “avoid inhalation.”

Inhaling talc, a naturally occurring mineral, can cause difficulty breathing, decreased lung function and pulmonary fibrosis, a scarring of the lungs.

I've been hunting a mug like that for years. Found one in a flea market/antique shop a year or two ago and decided to go back the next day and get it - well, shouldn't have waited. Lesson learned. Still hunting....
Took me years too Chris till I saw one on Etsy. Being a product for Canada makes them harder to find around here. Hope you find one and good to see you (y)

Wednesday July 1, 2020
Razor: Game Changer .84
Blade: Wizamet (6)
Brush: TSC 2nd Anniversary-70/30 Badger/Boar
Soap: Tonsorial Williams 1508.5
Aftershave 1: Humphrey's Alcoholado Maravilla
Aftershave 2: Aqua Velva
Talc: Vintage Williams
Fragrance: Nautica Blue EdT

Still on the Island with Sam building my PTO so I have soap choices for my video the @BarberDave tagged me for.
FineInsistentHammerheadshark-max-1mb.gif
Only thing changed up was the brush. Thinking Thursday or Friday for the video and this gives me a choice while using a better soap for protection which I have a feeling I will need for that shave..................Yeah, I'm looking at you Steve @Graydog Anyway another nice smooth and comfortable shave with the GC .84 and I succeeded in not reopening the cut to the lip. Have a GREAT Day Cadre !
IMG_20200701_061954987.jpg

What? No surgery two days in a row? Amateur! I would have cut myself all week!

Two days in row with the Williams Tonsorial...good stuff Dave...Good Stuff!

Thursday July 2, 2020
Razor: Rockwell 6s Plate 5
Blade: Gillette Platinum (3)
Brush: Stuart w/Timberwolf
Soap: Tonsorial Williams 1508.5
Aftershave 1: Humphrey's Alcoholado Maravilla
Aftershave 2: Aqua Velva
Talc: Skipped
Fragrance: Nautica Blue EdT

Didn't change things up much as I still need options for soap coming up when I do the Stunt shave perhaps Friday or Saturday. The nick I got from the Stirling was grabbed by the GC and is taking a bit to heal and I think I'll need some healing before using the setup for that video. Thanks for letting me hang out Sam @woodpusher
55bd105608511d48c9c654dcd574d0b7.jpg
Had my back pain suddenly flair up Monday which isn't out of the ordinary but the way it is acting I've come to the conclusion that it's another stinking kidney stone slowly moving along...............................I hope it's moving along. Made it a short 1st day back to work yesterday but have a big house in the Resort area by the lake today. Should be a fun (sarcasm) day throwing the 24 foot ladder around with low back killing me. Probably take tomorrow off to recuperate. Have a great day Cadre, Let's kick this pig !!!
IMG_20200702_055050416.jpg

Kidney stones are no fun at all. When I get a that particular lower back pain for no reason at all, i super hydrate for 3-5 days to helps that little one work through before it decides to settle down and grow into a big one. Blah.

Back