The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Bourbon Country Shave Journal - Dave in KY

Happy Anniversary to you and the missus! 34 years is an accomplishment. Hopefully those stones pass soon.

Great video today! Can’t go wrong with an SV shave! Pretty sure that’s going to be my next set from them whenever the opportunity presents itself!

Monday July 6, 2020
Razor: Kriss Kross/G Injector
Blade: Schick Injector (?)
Brush: Yaqi Sagrada Familia
Soap: Tonsorial Williams With 444 Cooling Gel
Aftershave 1: Humphrey's Alcoholado Maravilla
Aftershave 2: Skin Bracer
Talc: Skipped
Fragrance: Ferrari Scuderia Black

So gave the Kriss Kross another try. It is not cutting the whiskers well at the exposure the Injector blade has. You can tell by the amount of soap left behind on the skin so after the 1st pass I traded out for the G Injector for the next 2 passes to get the job done. The 444 is a nice addition to the soap for the cooling feeling. Got the end result I wanted and smelling great.

I will say that taking 3 days off the Island emboldens Sam @woodpusher to take liberties with my stuff. We worked things out in the end and all is well. Have a Stellar day Cadre !!!
da27215412c6553fdeee401897b9506b--cartoon-jokes-funny-jokes.jpgIMG_20200706_062840004.jpg

Good Shave Dave! And Happy Belated Anniversary! How are the kidney stones fairing you? Hopefully they will move on soon if they already haven't.

My experience is you get minor reprieves and then the pain hits again the next 0oace it catches. Research says up to 31 days........we trudge on. Thanks
I've had a kidney stone before and I don't remember the duration that you keep going through. Then again...when it really hit me...I had no idea what it was and I really thought I was going to die! I really hope it passes soon.

I've had a kidney stone before and I don't remember the duration that you keep going through. Then again...when it really hit me...I had no idea what it was and I really thought I was going to die! I really hope it passes soon.
Thanks, my 1st experience years ago was much like yours and didn't know what it was. Landed me in the ER. Pain meds and a die injected with a succession of x-rays to confirm it was moving and they sent me home with a strainer to use till I saw it come out a week later. Anymore if I can endure while guzzling water, I do. If beyond my pain threshold which is pretty high I'll seek more help. 1st time it hit me like a 2x4 across my lower back walking down the hallway at home. Took me to my knees and I literally turned to see who got in the house that I was going to have to fight 😂😂😂😂

Thanks, my 1st experience years ago was much like yours and didn't know what it was. Landed me in the ER. Pain meds and a die injected with a succession of x-rays to confirm it was moving and they sent me home with a strainer to use till I saw it come out a week later. Anymore if I can endure while guzzling water, I do. If beyond my pain threshold which is pretty high I'll seek more help. 1st time it hit me like a 2x4 across my lower back walking down the hallway at home. Took me to my knees and I literally turned to see who got in the house that I was going to have to fight 😂😂😂😂
Yup...that was pretty much my experience also. I remember thinking I was going to die. I was living alone at the time and had to drive myself to the hospital. I actually pulled my life insurance policy out of my strong box and placed it on the table for my family to find when they would inevitable collect my things. Glad it turned out to just be a kidney stone.

Yup...that was pretty much my experience also. I remember thinking I was going to die. I was living alone at the time and had to drive myself to the hospital. I actually pulled my life insurance policy out of my strong box and placed it on the table for my family to find when they would inevitable collect my things. Glad it turned out to just be a kidney stone.
It's easily the most excruciating thing I've ever endured.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Yaqi Sagrada Familia ... hopefully mine will show up one day. It’s only been in transit about 60 days.

Bummer that the stone is still giving you grief. Hopefully it will pass soon.

Back