The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Bourbon Country Shave Journal - Dave in KY

Doing ok and I know I haven’t been as active on the forums lately but I’ve been working some crazy hrs trying to get the next group of ETHOS products out along with going back to my normal day job and working on a new CBD product they want me to develop.. A bit overwhelming but I finally got one of my employees back to help me and today’s his first day back!
Thank you for asking my friend! Hope all is well with you and yours to.
👍🏼😊
Good to hear and another set from you is in the radar. Just waiting to see the work scenario first. (y)
Great shave Dave! I appreciate the review. I am not a fan of super aggressive razors just because I have sensitive skin, so I will have to pass on these. When Stirling comes out with a more mild razor I will definitely be ordering it to support them! Have a great day!
Thanks Pat

Last edited:

Tuesday June 30, 2020

Razor: Game Changer .84
Blade: Wizamet (5)
Brush: Cadre 2nd Anniversary
Soap: Tonsorial Williams 1508.5
Aftershave 1: Humphrey's Alcoholado Maravilla
Aftershave 2: Aqua Velva
Talc: Vintage Williams With @Graydog Brush
Fragrance: Nautica Blue EdT

Decided for a mild shave today and went with the GC .84. Back on the 1508.5 Island with Sam. Hard to tell how much progress I'm making on the puck but it does seem smaller than when I started. Nice shave other than catching my upper lip......................not above my lip but nicking the lip which bleeds like a stuck pig. I used my talc brush from @Graydog which is a beauty. A little stiff for a talc brush but we'll see if it breaks in. I'm a little on the fence with the talc. I enjoy it and like the feel it finishes the shave with but also concerned with breathing it in daily when I already have lung issues I'm dealing with. I've tried holding my breath while doing it but still have to decide for myself whether the finish is worth the added risk for me. Off to Chocolate Cake and Coffee. Have a great day Cadre !!!
6999250f1177d86d1aff6dc1d558cc63.jpg
IMG_20200629_200524055.jpg
IMG_20200630_071148891.jpg

Last edited:
Nice shave Dave! I too have thought about the same thing with Talc. So far what I have read on Borotalco, it seems safe for people to use. I too hold my breath while doing it and I'll stick my head out the door for a second breath if needed.

Back