The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Bourbon Country Shave Journal - Dave in KY

Saturday June 27, 2020
Razor: Stirling 316 SS Hyper Aggressive Head
Blade: Wizamet (4)
Brush: Wolf Whisker Black Wolf
Soap: Zingari Man The Blacksmith
Aftershave 1: Humphrey's Alcoholado Maravilla
Aftershave 2: @Dragonsbeard Skin Food Splash
Talc: Vintage Mennen
Fragrance: BVLGARI Man in Black Essence

I'm an idiot that will accept most any dare as long as it doesn't go against my Bible based life principles even if danger is involved. I had myself worked up for this shave as I was reading and watching the reviews on the new Stirling HA, Hyper Aggressive razor head. My fears were unfounded. Is it aggressive? Ummmm YEAH, just look at that blade exposure in this crummy picture I couldn't get to focus.
IMG_20200626_204834915.jpg
But I just took it slower than usual and had no problems sans a little stall grab on my chin area that sealed quickly. This is NOT an everyday driver but a fun experience to have had. Definitely more blade feel than my preference but with good technique, a smooth and comfortable shave can be had. If not attentive it will no doubt make you pay for the lack of respect shown it. I'm glad to try this even though not the one for me. Yep, after 1 shave I know it isn't for me but I knew that before it ever arrived. I would be more suited for the Standard from everything I've read already, but how can you not give it a try. It's a beauty for my eyes to behold and I'm VERY appreciative for Rod @Joe Hackett for providing it for a test spin. It will be sanitized, cleaned and set aside to go to the next in line. The Standard but still healthy gapped razor is up for tomorrow. Video is uploading now. Have a Stupid Fun Day Cadre !!! Mine is starting that way 🤪
IMG_20200626_205614073 (1).jpg
IMG_20200626_205436004.jpg

In Knoxville TN at UT hospital with Bill in Oneida. TS ICU. Fell from scaffolding yesterday working. Bruised lung, some broke ribs and damage to vertebrae's 6-12. 12 has a compression fracture. Don't anticipate surgery but fitting him with a brace to see how it heals...... stepped out of room while they put the brace on. Told him I didn't want to hear him crying like a girl. Still can hear though. I probably should be more supportive 🙄

Thank you everyone for the well wishes. Bill appreciates it! he's in rough shape but I think will mend eventually. They've got him comfortably numb now. Just about 6 and getting in the door. Time to throw a Papa Murphy's pizza in the oven. Chicken bacon artichoke....
View attachment 28383
Love that pizza. Might have to pick one up in a few weeks when i'm on nights again since the wife can't have chicken but might try to eat it if i brought one home lol.

Back