The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Bourbon Country Shave Journal - Dave in KY

Friday June 26, 2020
Razor: Fatip La Sorto Slant OC
Blade: Wizamet (2)
Brush: Rubberset 400 with @Clouds ferrule/Cashmere Knot
Soap: Tonsorial Williams
Aftershave 1: Humphrey's Alcoholado Maravilla
Aftershave 2: Avon Wild Country
Talc: Vintage Avon Clint
Fragrance: TBD

Decided to join @ajc347 and get the La Sorto out for a spin today. Nice smooth shave that had me chasing a little but I remembered the Stirling Monster razors arrive today or tomorrow and restrained myself some so I don't have tender skin when trying them. Some pressure washing to do around the house today and grilled Ribeye dinner with the OutLaws tonight to celebrating their 55th. At a distance on our porch. Have a swell day Cadre !!!
IMG_20200626_062828416.jpg

Friday June 26, 2020
Razor: Fatip La Sorto Slant OC
Blade: Wizamet (2)
Brush: Rubberset 400 with @Clouds ferrule/Cashmere Knot
Soap: Tonsorial Williams
Aftershave 1: Humphrey's Alcoholado Maravilla
Aftershave 2: Avon Wild Country
Talc: Vintage Avon Clint
Fragrance: TBD

Decided to join @ajc347 and get the La Sorto out for a spin today. Nice smooth shave that had me chasing a little but I remembered the Stirling Monster razors arrive today or tomorrow and restrained myself some so I don't have tender skin when trying them. Some pressure washing to do around the house today and grilled Ribeye dinner with the OutLaws tonight to celebrating their 55th. At a distance on our porch. Have a swell day Cadre !!!
View attachment 28172
I wonder how Lo Storto open comb compares with the closed comb version:

Fatip Classic Lo Storto Chrome Slant Closed Comb DE Safety Razor

Fatip-Gentile-Lo-Storto-Chrome-Closed-Comb-Slant-DE-Safety-Razor-1
Fatip-Gentile-Lo-Storto-Chrome-Closed-Comb-Slant-DE-Safety-Razor-2Fatip-Gentile-Lo-Storto-Chrome-Closed-Comb-Slant-DE-Safety-Razor-3

$36.50

Made in Italy.
89 in stock

Product Description
Storto Chrome Gentile
The highly anticipated slant razor with oblique head and “guillotine” cut for an even more effective shave.
Made with the classic chrome finish with Gentle Head (close comb), the STORTO CHROME GENTLE also features an equally particular handle design with an oblique string motif that recalls the concept of razor and insurance for a secure grip.
Weight: 67 g / Total length – 85 mm / Length Handle – 75 mm / Width head – 23 mm

I wonder how Lo Storto open comb compares with the closed comb version:

Fatip-Gentile-Lo-Storto-Chrome-Closed-Comb-Slant-DE-Safety-Razor-1
Fatip-Gentile-Lo-Storto-Chrome-Closed-Comb-Slant-DE-Safety-Razor-2Fatip-Gentile-Lo-Storto-Chrome-Closed-Comb-Slant-DE-Safety-Razor-3

$36.50

Made in Italy.
89 in stock

Product Description
Storto Chrome Gentile
The highly anticipated slant razor with oblique head and “guillotine” cut for an even more effective shave.
Made with the classic chrome finish with Gentle Head (close comb), the STORTO CHROME GENTLE also features an equally particular handle design with an oblique string motif that recalls the concept of razor and insurance for a secure grip.
Weight: 67 g / Total length – 85 mm / Length Handle – 75 mm / Width head – 23 mm
OC is smooth and mild to me. For you I'd be happy to send it your way to try Glenn. Just say the word 😉

Back