The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Bourbon Country Shave Journal - Dave in KY

I really had to weigh that one, before I made that decision. But I’m leaning more towards straights with DEs for a backup or a quick shave. Plus that frees up funds for other purchases.
If I wanted one, I'm guessing it would be the ST and down the road but it's a chance to at least try it and KNOW down the road if I'l want it.

Sunday June 21, 2020
Razor: Krect Gratiot Spiral Curve Slant
Blade: Wizamet (3)
Brush: Shavemac Ebonite 2 Band Silvertip
Soap: Saponificio Varesino Opuntia
Aftershave 1: Humphrey's Alcoholado Maravilla
Aftershave 2: Saponificio Varesino Opuntia
Talc: Vintage Mennen
Fragrance: Acqua Di Gio Profumo

Got the Spiral Curve Krect Slant out for a spin today with the SV Opuntia Set. Nice luxury shave today for the start of summer. Video uploading in a single shot (unbelievable, I know) It felt a little rougher today but the blade may have been compromised. Has me slightly tender feeling but smooooth. I'll need to switch the blade out. Have a Stellar Day Cadre !!!
IMG_20200620_211052497.jpg

The more I enjoy my iKon slant, the more I want to venture into slants. Have a good one, Dave!

I does like them, You too Ben !!
There are a few on the bay right now, including some high dollar vintage slants. Yikes. I'll have to wait until the group buy brush and Paladin are paid off before I can dive head first into that rabbit hole.

There are a few on the bay right now, including some high dollar vintage slants. Yikes. I'll have to wait until the group buy brush and Paladin are paid off before I can dive head first into that rabbit hole.
Yeah, I'm watching the Mulcato but probably let it go since getting the Wunderbar. The Yaqi Double OC Slant head for $20 looks interesting too.

Yeah, I'm watching the Mulcato but probably let it go since getting the Wunderbar. The Yaqi Double OC Slant head for $20 looks interesting too.
Has Etsy given you any success with slants? I've gotten a couple of steals on straights there.

Last edited:
Monday June 22, 2020
Razor: Rockwell 6s Plate 5
Blade: Gillette Platinum (2)
Brush: Rubberset 400/ @Clouds Ferrule/Whipped Dog Silvertip
Soap: Tonsorial Williams
Aftershave 1: Humphrey's Alcoholado Maravilla
Aftershave 2: Aqua Velva
Talc: Vintage Williams
Fragrance: Penhaligon's Endymion

Last week was a crazy busy one and I'm dragging this morning. Finally got my desert island shave in with Sam. Nice shave actually and LOVING the Whipped Dog Silvertip that hasn't shed a single hair from the get go. Very happy with it and the ferrule that @Clouds gifted me. Thanks aren't enough for the selection I now have with my 400 that I always envisioned having one day, Claudio, you ROCK !!

Have a great day Cadre !!!
IMG_20200622_074551243.jpgIMG_20200622_080121767.jpgIMG_20200622_080149296.jpg

Nice posts and videos lately Dave! I really like the two tones of your 6S. I have been thinking of doing something like that to my Fatboy.

Back