The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Bourbon Country Shave Journal - Dave in KY

In order not to confuse or offend the senses of the other Dave....

Great shaves with today’s shaving items Dave! 😜 I need to get back into some open blade shaves soon too...

Saturday June 20, 2020
Razor: Feather AS-D2
Blade: Feather (2)
Brush: Paladin 26mm Vesuvius Chief
Soap: Vintage Williams
Aftershave 1: Humphrey's Alcoholado Maravilla
Aftershave 2: Avon Island Lime
Talc: Vintage Williams
Fragrance: Nuit D'Issey Noir Argent

Back to the 1508.5 and a pleasant shave with the AS-D2. Still need to do a shave with more than 12 hours growth and see how long the shave lasts to make a determination on the razor. Should have a determination in next day or 2 and just in time for the Stirling razors to come to me next week to try. Have a great day Cadre !!!
IMG_20200619_220626708.jpg

Last edited:
The more I thought about the shave and how mild the razor is to me. I decided I'll let it go in the BST for the great deal I got it for.
I came to the same conclusion. It's a beautiful razor, but it's just too mild.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

With attention I can get a good shave but feel it overlaps other razors I already have 👍
I think that this is a good way to analyze the issue. I have had the inverse experience; that is the AS-D2 occupies a unique niche in my particular collection of razors. But then you have had and used a lot more razors than I have. It took me a while to figure it out and I almost got rid of it during that time. Now I am glad I kept it.

I think that this is a good way to analyze the issue. I have had the inverse experience; that is the AS-D2 occupies a unique niche in my particular collection of razors. But then you have had and used a lot more razors than I have. It took me a while to figure it out and I almost got rid of it during that time. Now I am glad I kept it.
Yep, I didn't intend it too be a knock on the razor and if it doesn't sell have no problem keeping it. I'm just sure someone else may like it and use it more.

Dave, I know you tried a Timeless but let that one go too. What was it about the Timeless that caused you to let it go?
Honestly I think I wanted the feel of the SB but the efficiency of the OC. When the Game Changer came out with the .84 it seemed to work better and it just made more sense that the Timeless be converted to more software or whatever. Still a great razor also but the GC at a fraction of the cost suited me the same or better.

Bummer the Feather was too mild for ya. At least now you’ll have more cash at hand for the SV brush, if you don’t find something else in the meantime :ROFLMAO:

Back