The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Bourbon Country Shave Journal - Dave in KY

We are slowly opening the office. I should be going back first of July. And they are talking rotating shifts office/home. Should be interesting.

We are slowly opening the office. I should be going back first of July. And they are talking rotating shifts office/home. Should be interesting.
Yeah, I'm hesitant and pessimistic knowing it will be slow building back my customer base as they want to see revenue before expenditures. I'm a service 1st to be cut when money is tight so time will tell if it will go well or I adjust in business model or find something else to do. Hope your transition goes well. Some of us have bigger worries than whether we can take our annual vacations..........

Just catching up Dave. Great posts and photos. I am curious on your thoughts of the King of Bourbon performance. I think that one is in the Buffala base if I am not mistaken.

Wednesday June 17, 2020
Razor: @uacowboy TNNSER Razor
Blade: Gem (?)
Brush: @Smattayu TSC Legacy Brush
Soap: @CBLSoap.com Roasted Oatmeal Stout
Aftershave 1: Humphrey's Alcoholado Maravilla
Balm: @LNHC Elixir
Aftershave 2: @Dragonsbeard Dragonsbeard SFS
Talc: Vintage Avon Clint
Fragrance: Penhaligon's Sartorial

So for the June theme I highlighted 3 Vendors and 2 Hobbyists. The brush is a privilege to have even though was not here early enough to be a legacy member, I would have been if they didn't leave me alone in the Ghost Town Barber Posse thread in another neighborhood. Fortunately @Cvargo came by and saw me staring blankly at the empty room like the 1st ant to a picnic and helped me find my way over here......................but I digress. The soap, skin food splash and post shave elixir need no explanation as to their scents and performance (That's why I already have a back up for each) The razor I was curious to try as it's the Twinsie of @Spider 's from Kyle's 3D Print boutique. I was concerned when KJ had what he described as a "Bloodbath" with his that perhaps the profile may have been altered. NOPE, same smooth shave I got from the original that was loaned to me and had me wanting one. Kyle did a great job on the print quality and cleanup so it was ready to use. There is a difference depending on the person doing the printing and knowing what they're doing. Get what you need from Kyle. This is a smooth shaver and efficient too. I don't lay it flat on my face like a Gem razor, but find the angle easily and go to work. It has a wide enough sweat cutting spot that it is nearly mindless for me. I hope my twin dials it in with his technique and is happy with it. No one wants to lose their twin. Topped off with an array of stuff for the fun of it all. Humphrey's, Lisa's Post Shave Elixir, Dragonsbeard SFS, Clint Talc and the Sartorial. Enjoying my vacation from the island but missing that crazy guy Sam @woodpusher I'll head back there tomorrow. Have a stupendous day Cadre !!!!

PS @MilkCrate you need you some Clint Talc !!!.....................but I didn't pickup the scent myself......
IMG_20200617_061447114.jpgIMG_20200617_063505159.jpgIMG_20200617_063407784.jpg

Last edited:
Wednesday June 17, 2020
Razor: @uacowboy TNNSER Razor
Blade: Gem (?)
Brush: @Smattayu TSC Legacy Brush
Soap: @CBLSoap.com Roasted Oatmeal Stout
Aftershave 1: Humphrey's Alcoholado Maravilla
Balm: @LNHC Elixir
Aftershave 2: @Dragonsbeard Dragonsbeard SFS
Talc: Vintage Avon Clint
Fragrance: Penhaligon's Sartorial

So for the June theme I highlighted 2 Vendors and 2 Hobbyists. The brush is a privilege to have even though was not here early enough to be a legacy member, I would have been if they didn't leave me alone in the Ghost Town Barber Posse thread in another neighborhood. Fortunately @Cvargo came by and saw me staring blankly at the empty room like the 1st ant to a picnic and helped me find my way over here......................but I digress. The soap, skin food splash and post shave elixir need no explanation as to their scents and performance (That's why I already have a back up for each) The razor I was curious to try as it's the Twinsie of @Spider 's from Kyle's 3D Print boutique. I was concerned when KJ had what he described as a "Bloodbath" with his that perhaps the profile may have been altered. NOPE, same smooth shave I got from the original that was loaned to me and had me wanting one. Kyle did a great job on the print quality and cleanup so it was ready to use. There is a difference depending on the person doing the printing and knowing what they're doing. Get what you need from Kyle. This is a smooth shaver and efficient too. I don't lay it flat on my face like a Gem razor, but find the angle easily and go to work. It has a wide enough sweat cutting spot that it is nearly mindless for me. I hope my twin dials it in with his technique and is happy with it. No one wants to lose their twin. Topped off with an array of stuff for the fun of it all. Humphrey's, Lisa's Post Shave Elixir, Dragonsbeard SFS, Clint Talc and the Sartorial. Enjoying my vacation from the island but missing that crazy guy Sam @woodpusher I'll head back there tomorrow. Have a stupendous day Cadre !!!!
View attachment 27322View attachment 27323View attachment 27324
Glad to hear the shave was good! LOTS of great things used in that shave!

Ok what’s the drama playing out on the Avon bottle? Is the woman with the guy in green but decided she’s always wanted the guy in yellow? Or is she saying her last goodbye before going off with the guy in green?

Ok what’s the drama playing out on the Avon bottle? Is the woman with the guy in green but decided she’s always wanted the guy in yellow? Or is she saying her last goodbye before going off with the guy in green?
Um, you think too much buddy. It's called gentlemen skater. They're skating around a rink......

Lots of good stuff going on there Dave.

What?! I had to do a double take when I saw the Clint talc. Sounds interesting, but I haven’t jumped on the talc train.

Back