The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Bourbon Country Shave Journal - Dave in KY

Monday June 15, 2020
Razor: Lupo
Blade: Bolzano (1)
Brush: Paladin 26mm Honey Noir Beehive LE
Soap: Wholly Kaw King of Bourbon
Aftershave 1: Humphrey's Alcoholado Maravilla
Aftershave 2: Small Batch Shave Tonic
Talc: Clubman Whiskey Woods
Fragrance: Ferrari Scuderia Black

Great shave with this setup. The Bolzano used to be raved about. Had a couple come to me to use. They are nice and smooth but not the sharpest for me. Have a great day Cadre !!
IMG_20200615_055317781.jpg

Bolzono blades are interesting to me. I will use it one time and get a great shave. Use a different blade at another time and get a not so great shave. Not sure if it quality control or if it is me (it's probably me). Either way, nice set up and great shave today Dave!

Tuesday June 16, 2020
Razor: Schick "G" Injector
Blade: Schick (?)
Brush: @Techichi The Hive Brush
Soap: Vintage Williams (1508.5)
Aftershave 1: Humphrey's Alcoholado Maravilla
Aftershave 2: Aqua Velva
Talc: Vintage Williams
Fragrance: Paco Rabanne Pour Homme

Back to the island with Sam. Mind you Sam's a great guy and I enjoy his company, but the longer he's on the island the more awkwardly long his staring at my ankles is getting.
ddd636ddd7525b9970a5a72ded1b05674e6a6353_hq.gif
Anyway a great shave with the Williams loaded the KJ Method ( @Spider ) This is a little messy but can be done and the lathers obtained are worth the extra rinsing. Got the G Injector out for a spin and I actually for a fleeting moment was thinking to myself. I could use this every day from here on out and be happy..........................................Fleeting moment I said. Nope, the shaves would be great no doubt but I'd always be wanting to try something else for variety. I should narrow things down though............................I said I should, I don't see it happening in earnest but perhaps some shuffling of the den is in order for.........................................you know, some order. Smelling good and resting today after doing a big house yesterday for a whining persistent regular customer. Have a great day Cadre !!!
IMG_20200615_204705482.jpg

Are you regretting inviting me over here?:p
I wouldn't start taking my "counsel" too seriously Dave. Many would say that is a mistake. At least two have had to hire lawyers to get rid of me. :rolleyes: But they were women. So something might have be lost in translation.

Back