The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Bourbon Country Shave Journal - Dave in KY

@Marco SV A Tribute shave to Saponificio Varesino for Joining The Cadre

Saturday June 13, 2020
Razor: Blackland Vector
Blade: Schick Proline (1)
Brush: SV 2.0 Bamboo
Soap: SV 70th Anniversary
Aftershave 1: Humphrey's Alcoholado Maravilla
Aftershave 2: SV 70th Anniversary
Talc: Clubman Whiskey Woods
Fragrance: CK Amber Gold Euphoria

Had a Luxury shave today with SV 70th Anniversary Soap and Splash and 1 of my SV Brushes soon to be joined by another. I joined the "Talc Cloud Crew" even though I thought I used VERY little after seeing others clouds. I'll get it down eventually 😂 Great shave but some video snafu's caused 2 video's to film the whole process. I no smert huff to put dem togedder though. Posted in my VLOG section. Have a swell day Cadre and another BIG WELCOME to Marco and Company !!!
IMG_20200613_060540645.jpgIMG_20200613_060829969.jpg

Sunday June 14, 2020
Razor: Rockwell 6s Plate 5
Blade: Wizamet (6)
Brush: @CBLSoap.com Synthetic
Soap: Vintage Williams
Aftershave 1: Humphrey's Alcoholado Maravilla
Aftershave 2: Skin Bracer
Talc: Williams
Fragrance: CK ONE

I'm back to the Island Sam !!!!!
travel-tourism-tourist-desert_island-castaway-shipwreck-shipwrecked-wmi110902_low.jpg
Well I'm having trouble deciding to load from the mug which clinks TOO MUCH against the mug which is vintage and I don't want to damage it. Took too long to get one. The other option has been the tiny plastic tub which is hard to get a good load and may damage brushes ( I should stick with synthetics) Next Island visit I may try using the puck as a stick and see how that goes. GREAT shave and feeling good. Have a GREAT Sunday Cadre !!
IMG_20200614_081346615.jpg

That is a wonderful comic pic, Dave! :ROFLMAO:

I gave up my Williams mugs years ago, as they were too "clinky" as well. My shaving stuff all has to be usable without waking up my wife.

Yea...the clinking is heck of annoying for mug soaps! Even when I use a relatively low profile ramekin, it still happened sometimes. You could lather with the puck in your hand!

Yea...the clinking is heck of annoying for mug soaps! Even when I use a relatively low profile ramekin, it still happened sometimes. You could lather with the puck in your hand!
I keep stacking mug soaps into the Fine Accoutrements soap bowl I got. A lot less clinky than other mugs I have tried.

Back