The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Bourbon Country Shave Journal - Dave in KY

Thursday June 11, 2020
Razor: King Gillette
Blade: Wizamet (2)
Brush: @Graydog Quilt
Soap: @Dragonsbeard Soap
Aftershave 1: Humphrey's Alcoholado Maravilla
Aftershave 2: @Dragonsbeard Skin Food Splash
Fragrance: BVLGARI Man in Black Essence

Great shave today ! Although the razor is smooth and very mild and I got a great shave, I feel the stubble won't stay at bay as long as I need. May need an evening shave but we will see. Video with thoughts uploading now with shout outs to @Graydog @Dragonsbeard and @BarberDave Have a Stupid Fun Day Cadre !!!!
IMG_20200610_203440494.jpg

Nice shave Dave. I think I may need to use my Dragonsbeard set today too. I got the itch when Ben used it the other day and now I think you pushed me over the edge.

Nice shave Dave. I think I may need to use my Dragonsbeard set today too. I got the itch when Ben used it the other day and now I think you pushed me over the edge.
Thanks Pat, EVERY time I use it I'm blown away by the scent and performance.
Love that @Dragonsbeard soap 🥰
I will use it for tomorrows Shave but I will use a Graydog brush today 😀
Nice Shave Dave 👍
Good choice for a brush buddy ;)
Nice shave and a great looking setup!
Thanks Tim

Thursday June 11, 2020
Razor: King Gillette
Blade: Wizamet (2)
Brush: @Graydog Quilt
Soap: @Dragonsbeard Soap
Aftershave 2: @Dragonsbeard Skin Food Splash
Fragrance: BVLGARI Man in Black Essence

Great shave today ! Although the razor is smooth and very mild and I got a great shave, I feel the stubble won't stay at bay as long as I need. May need an evening shave but we will see. Video with thoughts uploading now with shout outs to @Graydog @Dragonsbeard and @BarberDave Have a Stupid Fun Day Cadre !!!!
View attachment 26770
Great photo Dave and love that brush!

Friday June 12, 2020
Razor: .84 Game Changer
Blade: Wizamet (3)
Brush: Rubberset 400/Whipped Dog Silvertip
Soap: Vintage Williams
Aftershave 2: Aqua Velva
Fragrance: CK One

Had a great shave with the game changer and nice 1st outing with the Whipped Dog Silvertip. NOT 1 SINGLE HAIR SHED - SHOCKED me. Back on the island with Sam @woodpusher but haven't seen him. He must be scouting for other life or he's found his way off the island and is using another soap. Have a great day Cadre !!!
IMG_20200612_064627709.jpg
unnamed.gif

Back