The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Bourbon Country Shave Journal - Dave in KY

I think Dave would have less of an internal struggle if he just didn’t announce his plans for things that require, well, plans. :ROFLMAO:
Yeah, I could just do my own thing and not support people like.............................................YOU 😂 ;) If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem 🤪

It's okay, opted to skip the grandma smell you prefer and got this coming. It's for men 😉
View attachment 26143
Saturday June 6, 2020
Razor: Lupo
Blade: Wizamet (1)
Brush: Yaqi Moka Express
Soap: Vintage Williams
Aftershave 1: Humphrey's Alcoholado Maravilla
Aftershave 2: Florida Water
Fragrance: Vintage Old Spice

Well it's back the deserted island with @woodpusher again. I like Sam mind you but these visits are getting harder and harder in a short time. The 1508.5 is the issue. The soap isn't bad. It's not you, it's me..............At least my Lupo is back and got a close comfortable shave the way I like it......Have a great day and weekend Cadre !!!
View attachment 26264
Sunday June 7, 2020
Razor: German 37 Slant
Blade: Wizamet (2)
Brush: TSC 1st Anniversary Brush
Soap: Stirling Deton-8
Aftershave 2: Stirling Deton-8
Fragrance: Viktor and Rolf Spicebomb

Off the wagon of the 1508.5 again..............................hang in there Sam @woodpusher I'll be back !! Highlighting Vendors and Hobbyists on The Cadre and Have a FAVORITE scent of Stirling Soap and Splash @Joe Hackett and 1st Anniversary Sorrentino Brush @Smattayu (Hope Eric's move /transition is going well) It was a glorious shave in performance of software and hardware as well as olfactory goodness. You know how it is when everything is hitting on all cylinders. Yeah, you know what I'm talking about. Video uploaded in the Members Video section. Have a great day Cadre !!!
View attachment 26345
I think Dave would have less of an internal struggle if he just didn’t announce his plans for things that require, well, plans. :ROFLMAO:
Yeah, I could just do my own thing and not support people like.............................................YOU 😂 ;) If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem 🤪
Great shave and all caught up,. and isn't amazing the ones that are the most critical are the ones that are the most looneynurse toon???? go figure

Monday June 8, 2020
Razor: Kriss Kross
Blade: Schick (1)
Brush: Sorrentino Sea Foam
Soap: Vintage Chilly Willy
Aftershave 2: Aqua Velva
Fragrance: Nautica Blue

So today was an attempt at a Chilly Willy or Blue Willy (read it called both) Kriss Kross didn't work out. Not because it was to aggressive but due to lack of blade exposure and therefore a lack of cutting. I'll figure something out. Video explaining is uploading. Rockwell 6s played pinch hitter and finished off a refreshing shave. Have a great day Cadre !!!!
IMG_20200608_063237416.jpg

Bummer the major elements of the shave kinda dumped on things! Watching the video later. Hope the rest of the day has been good!

Tuesday June 9, 2020
Razor: Fatip La Sorta Slant Original
Blade: Wizamet (1)
Brush: TSC 2nd Anniversary Brush
Soap: Stirling Hipster
Aftershave 2: Stirling Hipster
Fragrance: Nuit D'Issey Noir Argent

Rough day yesterday for "reasons" but we're shaking it off..................Featuring Stirling today with Hipster Soap/Splash today and what a great performer and scent. Thanks again Rod and Mandy @Joe Hackett for making this part of the 2nd Anniversary package. Hope the family is well !! Was focused on the razor which is one I watched with interest as @gvw755 used it in his slant razor tour. It performed smooth and a close shave. Glad I got it for the den. Not the best finish/manufacturing quality but blade alignment appears spot on and blade is held snuggly. Mild but effective shave with a little chasing. Smelling good. The brush with it's new to it knot is a badger/boar so it has some scritch that will eventually soften as the boar splits. The brush shed more than 20 hairs but I actually enjoyed the brush as it is usable again in my book. I'm sure the shedding will subside..........hopefully. Have a great day Cadre !!!
IMG_20200609_075452381.jpg
Here's after the shave and cleaned up all bloomed
IMG_20200609_082130661.jpg

Back