The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Bourbon Country Shave Journal - Dave in KY

I double dog dare you to 3017 that Pineapple Noir soap:
Wednesday June 3, 2020
Razor: Krect Spiral Curve Slant
Blade: Wizamet (2)
Brush: @CBLSoap.com Brush
Soap: Ethos Succes @Dragonsbeard
Aftershave 1: Humphrey's Alcoholado Maravilla
Aftershave 2: Ethos Succes Skin Food Splash
Fragrance: Ethos Succes EdP

Day off from the 1508.5 is what it's about and called to the plate is Ethos Pineapple Noir scent Succes. The soap smells and feels amazing. As soon as I opened the tub the scent was there and I knew this was going to be a great shave. Lathered up and started swiping with the Krect Slant. This thing just gives me the most amazingly close shaves without irritation. It takes some care to maintain the angle but the reward is oh so worth it. Topped off with the SFS and the EdP and I smell great. The EdP comes out with the pineapple but quickly settles down to a darker scent. Wish it was stronger but I can pick it up when I sniff my arm for those nice reminders of a Great morning shave that was had. Have a Stupid Fun Day Cadre !!!
View attachment 25866

I double dog dare you to 3017 that Pineapple Noir soap:

triple dog dare - Summer Camp Programming

I am seriously considering it! That scent is SO GOOD!
Kidding aside, I read what you said about that soap, and its scent, and had a moment of temptation. The problem is that I live in an RV and with my recent Stirling order have realized I have no more room even though my Allegro Bus is 40 feet (41 really) long. My soaps are exploding out of the cabinet and I do not know where to put the suckers at this point. I am contemplating sending 20 of my worst ones to @Dave in KY--he has been so kind to me in the past.

Kidding aside, I read what you said about that soap, and its scent, and had a moment of temptation. The problem is that I live in an RV and with my recent Stirling order have realized I have no more room even though my Allegro Bus is 40 feet (41 really) long. My soaps are exploding out of the cabinet and I do not know where to put the suckers at this point. I am contemplating sending 20 of my worst ones to @Dave in KY--he has been so kind to me in the past.
I can't think of anything I've done for you.....................I know you'll find room in the chassis :cool:

Back