The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Bourbon Country Shave Journal - Dave in KY

Sunday May 31, 2020
Razor: Enders Speed Shaver
Blade: Schick Injector (?)
Brush: Stirling Boar
Soap: Vintage Williams (1508.5)
Aftershave 1: Humphrey's Alcoholado Maravilla
Aftershave 2: Barbasol Pacific Rush
Fragrance: CK ONE

Recorded a video but had little to say and wasn't feeling it so killed it part way thru. Had another great shave with the Vintage Williams 1508.5. The Stirling boar is breaking in slowly and only 1 hair lost this time so improvement there. Have a great day Cadre !!!
IMG_20200530_214759944.jpg

Nice shave Dave! It looks very simple, but very enjoyable. I am currently trying to break in an Omega 10049 boar brush. I have been lathering it with a VanderHagen puck and it has shed like crazy so far. Hope you have a great Sunday!

SpaceX Tribute Shave
Sunday Evening May 31, 2020
Razor: Techmatic
Blade: (?)
Brush: Stuart Minion
Soap: CBL HORSEPOWER
Aftershave 2: PAA Han Polo
Fragrance: Prada Luna Rossa Black

So my shaves with the Ender's weren't getting me close like originally they were which is weird but I decided this morning, I'd need a shave later this evening and put the razor up for sale this morning and sold it this morning in short order. So onto tonight's shave. After watching @NurseDave doing his tribute shave with the Techmatic, I thought what a great idea. Grabbed mine and immediately had blade band envy as mine only has 5 turns and he said his was 10. Shook it off and got down to business whipping up lather with Stuart the Minion brush who has been to space. He whipped up CBL Horsepower soap which I felt was appropriate for a Rocket. Aftershave was PAA Han Polo again a perfect fit and topped with the MOON EdP Prada LUNA Rossa Black. I feel BETTER and smell even BESTTER, Have a great Evening Cadre !!!
IMG_20200531_160138697.jpgIMG_20200531_162804553.jpgIMG_20200531_162920436.jpg

Monday June 1, 2020
Razor: Rockwell 6s Plate 5
Blade: Wizamet (3)
Brush: SV 2.0 Ziricote
Soap: SV Tundra Artica
Aftershave 2: SV Sartorial
Fragrance: SV Sartorial EdT

I don't have the matching aftershave or EdT for this soap and don't have the matching soap for this aftershave and EdT so I let them play together and they do so very well in my book. I just wish they made a tin for the soap. I appreciate @NurseDave who gifted me this wood container to hold the soap but I worry the wood will be compromised. I'll just enjoy it and see how it rolls as time goes by. Amazing shave today for my day off of the 1508.5 Fluffy style. Maybe after killing the Vintage Williams, I will treat myself to the newest SV Desert Vetiver set. Meanwhile I'm digging the Sartorial AS and EdT scent which has good legs on it for me. Have a great Day Cadre !!!
IMG_20200531_194023992.jpg

That's a killer setup. I'm not crazy about the lack of tins either, but I'm sure there are reasons. Have a good one, Dave!

Monday June 1, 2020
Razor: Rockwell 6s Plate 5
Blade: Wizamet (3)
Brush: SV 2.0 Ziricote
Soap: SV Tundra Artica
Aftershave 2: SV Sartorial
Fragrance: SV Sartorial EdT

I don't have the matching aftershave or EdT for this soap and don't have the matching soap for this aftershave and EdT so I let them play together and they do so very well in my book. I just wish they made a tin for the soap. I appreciate @NurseDave who gifted me this wood container to hold the soap but I worry the wood will be compromised. I'll just enjoy it and see how it rolls as time goes by. Amazing shave today for my day off of the 1508.5 Fluffy style. Maybe after killing the Vintage Williams, I will treat myself to the newest SV Desert Vetiver set. Meanwhile I'm digging the Sartorial AS and EdT scent which has good legs on it for me. Have a great Day Cadre !!!
View attachment 25678
Good Stuff Dave nice English/Italian Partnership

Vintage Williams 1508.5
Tuesday June 2, 2020
Razor: Blackland Vector
Blade: Schick Proline (6)
Brush: @Techichi The Hive
Soap: Vintage Williams
Aftershave 2: @elmerPHuD HomeBrew
Fragrance: Penhaligon's Opus 1870

Another semi-support for @woodpusher 's Modern Williams 3017. That guy is a rock when it comes to 3017ing. Hats off to you Sam. This is the best I can do. Had an amazing shave with the vintage Williams which has a GREAT lather and slickness that will rival any soap vintage to modern. Vector did it's job and topped off with Todd's Home Brew aftershave. It has a nice smokey/boozy scent. More smokey. I's pleasant enough. Going on it felt way too greasy but has finally absorbed enough to feel good on the face. We'll see how it does throughout the day. Have a stellar day Cadre !!!
IMG_20200602_063225151.jpg

Back