The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Bourbon Country Shave Journal - Dave in KY

We like chillin' with you in the morning Dave. In fact this morning I watched Dave's video while shaving and then the other Dave's video on my way to work.

So here's the soap fix application event ( @CBLindsay ) told me how to try and fix the granules. Was studying on the deck and had it in the sun but wasn't heating fast enough...............today wasn't one of my days displaying patience. So into the microwave we go. Put it in for 10 seconds............see some patience as I was going slow with it. Checked after 10 seconds and put in for 10 more. Opened it to look and saw some black stuff on top of th soap and I think, an that heated quickly. Look under the lid and see the security sticker, with metal in it as this was bought at Pastuer's in NYC. Scraped off the top of burnt color on soap and took pic
IMG_20200602_155120570_BURST000_COVER_TOP.jpg
Continued the process at 15 second intervals until it got all gooey and stirred it up. Now it's cooling after I spread it around like I was frosting a cake and looks better. Thanks Chris. The microwave still works and the house didn't burn down. That's a successful day. (y)
IMG_20200602_155837140.jpg

Hope you’re able to get the business back up and chugging when the time comes! I’m sure your good work ethic and dependability has bought you some patience and understanding from your clientele!

(y)Reading your Journal and your cast of "Characters" is better than Netflix, and you have homemade Bread!

Soap looks good and that security sticker looks like it can handle another 30 seconds...win/win. Reminds me of the little tub of coconut oil I put in the microwave about a month ago. The darned thing had a little ring of foil around the edge that I was unaware of. The first 30 seconds I set it and walked away, when I came back the microwave was filled with little black strings. The oil wasn’t completely melted (because my microwave is an example just how big a failure a microwave can be)so I figured I would hit the go button again, only this time I stayed for the fireworks. The oil finally melted but it was only because the blue arcs caused the plastic to catch fire and that made the oil around the rim catch fire...it was like a candle. Lots of fun u til my wife made me clean up the soot.

Good to see you’ll get another chance to enjoy the scent of that soap>

Wednesday June 3, 2020
Razor: Krect Spiral Curve Slant
Blade: Wizamet (2)
Brush: @CBLSoap.com Brush
Soap: Ethos Succes @Dragonsbeard
Aftershave 1: Humphrey's Alcoholado Maravilla
Aftershave 2: Ethos Succes Skin Food Splash
Fragrance: Ethos Succes EdP

Day off from the 1508.5 is what it's about and called to the plate is Ethos Pineapple Noir scent Succes. The soap smells and feels amazing. As soon as I opened the tub the scent was there and I knew this was going to be a great shave. Lathered up and started swiping with the Krect Slant. This thing just gives me the most amazingly close shaves without irritation. It takes some care to maintain the angle but the reward is oh so worth it. Topped off with the SFS and the EdP and I smell great. The EdP comes out with the pineapple but quickly settles down to a darker scent. Wish it was stronger but I can pick it up when I sniff my arm for those nice reminders of a Great morning shave that was had. Have a Stupid Fun Day Cadre !!!
IMG_20200603_065212455.jpg

Back