The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Bourbon Country Shave Journal - Dave in KY

Blind buy win! That soap did sound good.

Hope the repair goes well and that it’s nothing worse!

Vintage 1508.5 Shave
Wednesday May 27, 2020
2020 Shave # 162 ( 569 Consecutive Shave Days )
Razor: Gillette ABC Razor with Roller Guard Baseplate
Blade: ASCO Orange (?)
Brush: 1979 Burma Shave Boar
Soap: Vintage Williams
Aftershave 1: Humphrey's Citrus Toner
Aftershave 2: Skin Bracer
Fragrance: Pierre Cardin

Joining Sam @woodpusher (Sorta) in a Williams killing. Mine is a Vintage with a few uses already but going Fluffy style with a 1508.5 alla @Maryland998 I think he's onto something I may be able to commit to and finish. Time will tell..........What I do know is I got a ton of SLICK lather for a great shave using my ABC Razor with the Roller Guard that I was reminded of having by @CBLindsay My original no branding Burma shave Boar I bought new in 1979 did a stellar job whipping up the lather and is soft and well broken in. Topped off with Skin Bracer and some Pierre Cardin. Have a GREAT day Cadre !!!
IMG_20200527_064447352_BURST000_COVER_TOP.jpgIMG_20200526_221249907.jpg

That lather looks like it smells boring ;)
I just reflected on days gone by and what life was like back then when this was new, What was it like to work in the Williams soap company's plant mixing it and what the worker ate while on his lunch break. How long was his lunch break and did he get profit sharing back then. Did he use this soap to shave or another brand and didn't let hos employer know for fear of losing his job. Did he even shave or did he sport a full beard and laugh as he mixed the soap up thinking of the people cutting themselves as they scraped the hair from their faces while it lined his pockets and provided living for him and his family. Hmmmmmm was the worker a male or could it have been a female that entered the work force and wanted equal opportunity to do the same work men could. Did she know she was making less than her male working counterparts. Did she know that MANY years later men would be using this soap and she would have paved the way for women to have more equality and opportunities......................................I just hope they know I'm enjoying my cup of coffee after shaving with it. Oh the coffee, I hope the guy that planted the coff............................................. ;)

Back