The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Bourbon Country Shave Journal - Dave in KY

IMG_20200524_062215167.jpg

That’s the look right before he turns into this. 1590333035244.jpeg

Last edited:
Maybe someone in the M&M shop was secretly storing their sprinkle frosting in a Naid tub...and it accidentally got sent out or you? :ROFLMAO:

Weird stuff.

I know this goes against everything you were taught in kindergarten but if the scent of that soap is one you really like and you are willing to give it another chance...
Try one of the following rescue methods (disclaimer- I have no idea how that soap is made or what it’s made of, so if you get a visit from the EPA or the Governor shuts down the state it’s all on you).
Place the sealed tub in your car for a day or maybe even TWO days to Allow it to slowly warm to those fabled “killer” temperatures that cars reach when the temperatures outside are hot. The soap will probably turn a gel or translucent color and might even seem really thick, which will seem odd because melted soap should be more liquid...but some soaps do get thick when hot and thin out when cool, especially high glycerin ones. If this is the case you might want to stick a paper towel half in and half out of the tub and screw the lid shut then let it warm again, this will help pull some moisture out without killing all the scent. Finally, stir dickens out of it and let it cool and give it a last chance.

If you aren’t that patient or particular you can try zapping in the microwave for 10-15seconds at a time then stir and repeat until The mass is obviously Melted, liquid and/or translucent. It won’t look the same as the car trick but when you stir it you will get a lot of the grit back where it belongs. cool and give it a last chance

I know this goes against everything you were taught in kindergarten but if the scent of that soap is one you really like and you are willing to give it another chance...
Try one of the following rescue methods (disclaimer- I have no idea how that soap is made or what it’s made of, so if you get a visit from the EPA or the Governor shuts down the state it’s all on you).
Place the sealed tub in your car for a day or maybe even TWO days to Allow it to slowly warm to those fabled “killer” temperatures that cars reach when the temperatures outside are hot. The soap will probably turn a gel or translucent color and might even seem really thick, which will seem odd because melted soap should be more liquid...but some soaps do get thick when hot and thin out when cool, especially high glycerin ones. If this is the case you might want to stick a paper towel half in and half out of the tub and screw the lid shut then let it warm again, this will help pull some moisture out without killing all the scent. Finally, stir dickens out of it and let it cool and give it a last chance.

If you aren’t that patient or particular you can try zapping in the microwave for 10-15seconds at a time then stir and repeat until The mass is obviously Melted, liquid and/or translucent. It won’t look the same as the car trick but when you stir it you will get a lot of the grit back where it belongs. cool and give it a last chance
I have at least 2............................no maybe 3 days a year I'm patient, so I'll consider giving this a try. Thanks Chris !

Last edited:
Back