The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Bourbon Country Shave Journal - Dave in KY

Sunday May 24, 2020
2020 Shave # 159 ( 566 Consecutive Shave Days )
Razor: German 37 Slant Weber Bulldog Handle
Blade: ASCO Orange (2)
Brush: @CBLSoap.com Synthetic
Soap: CBL Master Barber Green Valley Links
Aftershave 1: Humphrey's Alcoholado Maravilla 70
Aftershave 2: Florida Water

Nice Sunday evening shave with a great soap to recover from this mornings subpar soap. Also a chance to try the recently acquired German 37 Slant razor. This will be a nice side kick to The King Krect Spiral Curve Slant. The other will be POS Slant re-pif'd. Florida Water for the spicy aroma as I sleep. Have a great evening Cadre !!
IMG_20200524_193334631.jpg

Monday May 25, 2020
2020 Shave # 160 ( 567 Consecutive Shave Days )
Razor: Rockwell Plate 5
Blade: Wizamete (7)
Brush: Rubberset 400
Soap: CBL Test Sample "Dolphin Butt 1"
Aftershave 1: Humphrey's Citrus Toner
Aftershave 2: A&E L'Orange Verte

No pic as I'm studying @bentheduck approach to SOTD's lately. Nice shave with a sample from @CBLindsay of @CBLSoap.com Video uploading. Have a great Day Cadre !!

Tuesday May 26, 2020
2020 Shave # 161 ( 568 Consecutive Shave Days )
Razor: Vector
Blade: Schick Proline (5)
Brush: @Graydog Quilt Twinzy
Soap: CBL Lavender and Leather
Aftershave 2: Avon Leather
Fragrance: Nuit D'Issey Noir Argent

WOW, what a great shave. I like this Lavender and Leather and should have gotten it sooner. Paired well with Avon Leather and Noir Argent. Momma gave the eye roll when she finally realized I shaved the dome. Took her awhile but she's fine since I told her I can stop wondering if I want to do it regularly now. Shoulder can't take that daily or every other which is what I would want if I kept it up. I'll stick with the clippers as the thin 1'8 inch of hair can hide the wrinkles and scars on the back of the head till nature decide otherwise.

My brother is coming at 9 this morning to check my heat pump since the ac isn't keeping up great and it's only the 80's now. Probably low on freon as it's been 9 years since he put in the unit. I'll probably roast another pound or 2 of coffee today. Have a great day Cadre !!
IMG_20200525_205305612.jpg

Sucks about the AC Dave. They never seem to break when you don't need it. Hoping that it's a minor thing and that your Bro can fix it easily. As far as the Golden Dome goes...get your wife to help out with it. I am sure she will get it perfect the first time around! 🤪

Thanks Don. Not expecting anything big. Just lagging behind a couple degrees and want it fixed now before we get to 90's and 100's
As far as the Golden Dome goes...get your wife to help out with it. I am sure she will get it perfect the first time around! 🤪
Um, NO !!! I gave up getting her to even do the clippers. She stresses too much and takes forever. I do better in 1/3 the time myself. Trust her with a blade to the head ? NO, NO, NO.............................................NO 🤪

Tuesday May 26, 2020
2020 Shave # 161 ( 568 Consecutive Shave Days )
Razor: Vector
Blade: Schick Proline (5)
Brush: @Graydog Quilt Twinzy
Soap: CBL Lavender and Leather
Aftershave 2: Avon Leather
Fragrance: Nuit D'Issey Noir Argent

WOW, what a great shave. I like this Lavender and Leather and should have gotten it sooner. Paired well with Avon Leather and Noir Argent. Momma gave the eye roll when she finally realized I shaved the dome. Took her awhile but she's fine since I told her I can stop wondering if I want to do it regularly now. Shoulder can't take that daily or every other which is what I would want if I kept it up. I'll stick with the clippers as the thin 1'8 inch of hair can hide the wrinkles and scars on the back of the head till nature decide otherwise.

My brother is coming at 9 this morning to check my heat pump since the ac isn't keeping up great and it's only the 80's now. Probably low on freon as it's been 9 years since he put in the unit. I'll probably roast another pound or 2 of coffee today. Have a great day Cadre !!
View attachment 25077
I do the clippers on the lowest setting about once a month , I really don't like the skin Head feel of a clean shaved head with a razor. Nice brush Dave 😉

I do the clippers on the lowest setting about once a month , I really don't like the skin Head feel of a clean shaved head with a razor.
I actually don't care for the feel either but do the clippers with lowest comb (1) about every 2 weeks but may start going for every week as I do like the close cut feel. Just not the skin feel.
Nice brush Dave
Bruce Steve does nice work. It's one of my favorites and the silicone is holding fine so far. Thanks ;)

Back