The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Bourbon Country Shave Journal - Dave in KY

Saturday May 23, 2020
2020 Shave # 156 ( 565 Consecutive Shave Days )
Razor: Gillette Red Tip
Blade: ASCO Orange (1)
Brush: Paladin 26mm Vesuvius Chief
Soap: Panna Crema Nuavia Rossa
Aftershave 1: Humphrey's Alcoholado Maravilla 70
Aftershave 2: Speick
Fragrance: Viktor and Rolf Spice Bomb

So I have a Zoom meeting for mostly all day today and wanted a nice Luxury shave. Pulled my favorite Paladin and Nuavia Rossa with the Red Tip sporting a NEW ASCO Orange blade. The last in a pack of 5 that have been smooth shavers for me. 1st pass felt like it was a Graham Field blade...............................What? Tried to wet my face more to hydrate the hair better thinking my lack of prep attention this morning was to blame and I proceeded with an atg on pass 2.....................nope, same tugging and blade pitched after the pass. After lathering up for a third pass I grabbed the 6s with Plate 5 and a Wizamet blade for a second atg pass which finally felt good and got to the end result I wanted. Must have been a bad blade as the others from that pack surprised me and were decent. Chose Speick for the aftershave to help with the 2 rough passes and topped off with Spice Bomb. Have a great day Cadre !!!!
IMG_20200522_203408578.jpg

All day long Zoom call??? Dang you better find a very comfortable place to be. People get irritated when you move around during those. 😁

Weird about the blade

Ooooh you used my brush today.

Sounds like almost a dud blade if it was that bad. I know I'm a little out of touch but doing my research on everything DE blades I know those ascos get mixed reviews. Not really a lot of middle ground... Is the cadre using them now? Teaser... I'm working on a schedule to get the bad blade reviews going again

Thanks guys. Was our twice a year full day assembly but had a link to watch it. Great upbuilding program on showing love. Nap time.......

Saturday May 23, 2020
2020 Shave # 157 ( 565 Consecutive Shave Days )
Razor: Rockwell 6s Plate 5
Blade: Wizamet (5)
Brush: CBL Copper Custom
Soap: Top Secret
Aftershave 2: Dragonsbeard
Fragrance: n/a

Wanted to smell and feel "lovely" for bed as well as try out some things that arrived today. The soap lathered easy and had decent cushion with great slickness. I smell awesome........ I mean lovely. Sleep well Cadre !
IMG_20200523_203459743.jpg

Sunday May 24, 2020
2020 Shave # 158 ( 566 Consecutive Shave Days )
Razor: Rockwell 6s Plate 5
Blade: Wizamet (6)
Brush: Cadre 2nd Anniversary
Soap: Naid by M&M
Aftershave 2: Stirling Peach

Decided for the nice scent of Naid today but the soap has changed. It was always an EXTREMELY soft cream to me and has now gotten gritty and granulated in substance. That has continued and I thought I would give it one last chance to see if the lather was good at least. VERY lightly swirling on the tub and trying to apply to face was not successful. Read the disgust on my face
IMG_20200524_062215167.jpg
So I smeared some in a bowl to try lathering it and got an acceptable lather for the shave but still had pieces in the lather although small and I probably could have eliminated them with more work. Too much work for me and this will go in the pif/trade pile as I don't have time or patience for soap like this with so many others to use. Shame as I love the scent.
IMG_20200524_062535163.jpg
IMG_20200524_062209283_BURST000_COVER_TOP.jpg

That's it for today's shave and hope all have a great day on the Cadre !!

Back