The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Bourbon Country Shave Journal - Dave in KY

I thought you were all done out there. What else after the screen door?

I thought you were all done out there. What else after the screen door?
Just lack finishing. Got distracted by the master bathroom remodel. Wife painting in there today. Getting door up to keep dog on porch without watching her. Lots of wood trim to prep for screening after paint/stain. I'm in no hurry. Do it when the mood strikes me. Getting the dog had me have to rethink where I'd attach the screen. Inside the deck or off ladder from my outside. Finally figured a way to still do from inside safely.

Friday May 22, 2020
2020 Shave # 154 ( 564 Consecutive Shave Days )
Razor: Schick "G" Injector
Blade: Schick (?)
Brush: @Graydog Quilt Twinsie
Soap: Graydog Mer Shaving
Aftershave 1: Humphrey's Alcoholado Maravilla 70
Aftershave 2: Aqua Velva
Fragrance: Nautica Blue

Great shave with the Graydog Mer Shaving Soap. Nice bright and fresh scent that felt like some cooling. Steve will have to fill us in as I couldn't find any info on it. Video uploading.
IMG_20200521_203048403.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Friday May 22, 2020
2020 Shave # 155 ( 564 Consecutive Shave Days )
Razor: Lupo
Blade: Wizamet (4)
Brush: @Graydog Cocobolo
Soap: PAA Han Polo
Aftershave 2: PAA Han Polo
Fragrance: n/a

Decided @Graydog STEVE'S other brush was jealous and I wanted a nice relaxing evening shave after finishing the 2nd coat of paint in the bathroom and getting it all put back together. 1st ever use of a PAA product as I acquired it thru a trade. Decent scent and good soap for a nice shave. Looking forward to dinner which is leftover Stuffed Cabbage Rolls................................cleaning the fridge out is fun. Have a good evening Cadre !!
IMG_20200522_153147244.jpg

Friday May 22, 2020
2020 Shave # 155 ( 564 Consecutive Shave Days )
Razor: Lupo
Blade: Wizamet (4)
Brush: @Graydog Cocobolo
Soap: PAA Han Polo
Aftershave 2: PAA Han Polo
Fragrance: n/a

Decided @Graydog STEVE'S other brush was jealous and I wanted a nice relaxing evening shave after finishing the 2nd coat of paint in the bathroom and getting it all put back together. 1st ever use of a PAA product as I acquired it thru a trade. Decent scent and good soap for a nice shave. Looking forward to dinner which is leftover Stuffed Cabbage Rolls................................cleaning the fridge out is fun. Have a good evening Cadre !!
View attachment 24741
Mmmmmmm.... Cabbage rolls!!

Back