The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Bourbon Country Shave Journal - Dave in KY

Glad you got a good shave with the Clog Pruf! As far as Gem razors go I got my best shave with that one. I still have an ATT G1 in the den, but it’s going to get listed on the BST soon with a bunch of other stuff I’m just not reaching for. I think I PIF’d the G-bar I had to @Majorrich , just never got along with the handle too well. The open blades have a strong hold on me now.

I sat here like a dummy trying to figure out who Lung Doc is. It took me way too long to figure out out. 🤣 Have a good one, Dave!

Sounds like a great name for a band! Dave in Kentucky and Iron Lung!
bw91KNk.gif

Thanks Chris. 3rd degree while in parking lot list of questions. Any shortness of breath? Umm, that's why I'm here..........okay, come on in.
I thought thinking about buying more soaps and razors caused the heavy breathing?

Thursday May 21, 2020
2020 Shave # 153 ( 563 Consecutive Shave Days )
Razor: Krect Gratiot Spiral Curve Slant
Blade: Wizamet (1)
Brush: Sorrentino Clown Puke
Soap: Clown Puke
Aftershave 1: Humphrey's Alcoholado Maravilla 70
Aftershave 2: Skin Bracer
Fragrance: PdP #63

Finally a chance to use my re-plated Krect. I asked Chris to take the rough edges off the top cap which he did and that is smooth now. It may have made it a touch more aggressive as I had to pay more attention. That said, it was a smooth and EXTREMELY efficient shave. A few weepers that self sealed and caught the flap of my racing stripe because it flapped on the opposite side than I thought it did. Now I know which way to NOT swipe directly across it. Feel good and smelling better. May hunt some more slant razors as @gvw755 has renewed interest in them for me. I have 3 at present. Would love to find a Wunderbar or Neo Lux for a reasonable price or other oddball ones I come across.

Pulled out the Clown Puke tub to use the Clown Puke brush. The knot is a little odd. Not sure it's make and not sure Eric knows either but it works for now and I love the brush.

Working on framing an opening and installing the screen door on the deck today. Have a great day Cadre !!
IMG_20200520_191459963.jpg

Back