The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Bourbon Country Shave Journal - Dave in KY

That’s a pretty good racing stripe you got there! Hope it heals up quickly. Just hope my bad luck didn’t rub off on ya!

Wednesday May 20, 2020
2020 Shave # 152 ( 562 Consecutive Shave Days )
Razor: Gem Clog Pruf
Blade: Gem Personna
Brush: TSC Legacy Brush
Soap: CBL Orange Dirt
Aftershave 1: Humphrey's Alcoholado Maravilla 70
Aftershave 2: Terre D'Hermes
Fragrance: Terre D'Hermes

@BarberDave Had me itching for a favorite of mine. Bottom of the tub is showing but I have a backup Orange Dirt. Got a good lather whipped with the Legacy brush and was ready to go with the Clog Pruf. It proved (see what I did there) to be a good shave with no blood and didn't even open up the stripe. It takes constant attention to hold the proper angle and hard to get under my nose but I had a much better outing than with the MMOC as I remember. I did get a good shave and thank @DeepSea for the razor and blades. It has a place in the den although I do prefer the G bar and the Push Button over this. I'd be happy to send one to you to take for a spin and the blades back. I think you'd like one of them much better and they may surprise you. Topped off with the real deal splash and EdT so your welcome everyone I come in social distance to today. Lung Doc appointment (Just a routine one) Have a fun day Cadre !!!
IMG_20200520_045927133.jpg

Does your wife appreciate the cadre when you pass by after applying a wonderful scent?

Back