The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Bourbon Country Shave Journal - Dave in KY

Monday May 18, 2020
2020 Shave # 150 ( 560 Consecutive Shave Days )
Razor: Lupo
Blade: Wizamet (3)
Brush: TSC 1st Anniversary
Soap: Ethos/CBL Soap Collaboration
Aftershave 1: Humphrey's Alcoholado Maravilla 70
Aftershave 2: Ethos/CBL Soap Collaboration
Fragrance: TBD

What an amazingly fun shave today with this collaboration of ETHOS (@Dragonsbeard 's new Line) and @CBLSoap.com This truly was a great match up of 2 ELITE Artisans that compliment each other PERFECTLY. Video uploading. Have a Stellar Day Cadre !!!
IMG_20200517_161253523.jpg

Tuesday May 19, 2020
2020 Shave # 151 ( 561 Consecutive Shave Days )
Razor: Red Imp
Blade: n/a
Brush: Wolf Whiskers Black Wolf
Soap: Stirling Boat Drinks
Aftershave 1: Humphrey's Alcoholado Maravilla 70
Aftershave 2: Stirling Boat Drinks
Fragrance: BVLGARI Aqva Amara

So I fell in love with this artwork for the soap Boat Drinks. The scent............................not so much. Just way too sweet for me but the wife likes it so I will put in her stack. I had been remiss in recognizing the razor gifted to me from Ken AKA Fluffy @Maryland998 I was so focused on my razors that he honed for me that I forgot about the Red Imp. Decided to take it for a spin today. Was very tuggy for me from the get go and I had a stall 1st pass on my cheek that gave me a good 3 inch race stripe that should heal pretty quick as it's a clean cut. Thanks Ken 😂 Swapped out for the feather SS sitting nearby and did the 2nd pass with no drama before finishing up with the Rockwell 6s Plate 5 on 3rd pass and a back of the neck shave. No real lasting irritation and I'm smooth but have a few tender spots. Every time I get the itch for a straight shave I com to the same conclusion. Even if I don't have a nick or cut the shave just isn't enjoyable for me. I get such amazing shaves from the de and se razors I have that it doesn't make sense "for me" to keep trying to force a square peg into a round whole when I have tons of round pegs laying around. Hope everyone has a Stellar Day !!!
IMG_20200519_054625589.jpg

Ouch Dave! I am beginning my straight journey and though the SS isn't a "real" straight, I will keep giving mine ago until I get some semblance of quality shaves from it.

Back