The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Bourbon Country Shave Journal - Dave in KY

Sunday Morning May 17, 2020
2020 Shave # 149 ( 559 Consecutive Shave Days )
Razor: Lupo
Blade: Wizamet (2)
Brush: Yaqi Moka Express
Soap: Ethos Pre-Lather and CFG Sherlock
Aftershave 1: Humphrey's Alcoholado Maravilla 70
Aftershave 2: CFG Sherlock Splash
Fragrance: CFG Sherlock EDP

Groundhog day shave as I'm repeating yesterdays shave for science. Today after hydrating my whiskers I applied some of the pre-lather with a few strokes of the roll-on all over my face and then used my brush to work it in and over my face. It has a pleasant orange citrus scent (Not sure why it had me thinking lemon yesterday) I then rinsed the brush and loaded off my soap puck and proceeded with my face lather. I got a lather that is what I am normally accustomed to from CFG perhaps a little better consistency. Before the 3rd pass I reapplied the pre-lather and proceeded with lathering for the 3rd pass. I didn't notice any extra slickness during the removal of lather and I'm wondering if it is the drag some talk about with regard to the DLC coating on the Lupo razor. After 3rd pass removal my face felt good and hydrated but I needed to add water to bring out residual slickness. Once I applied water to my face the slickness was crazy and you would be hard pressed to do any skin stretching as it was that slick. I can see ones that may benefit from this and may even NEED this but I'm a simple shaver beyond the typical soap, witch hazel, aftershave and frag, so probably it wouldn't be a product for me. I know the plans are for the production run of this to be upped even more in the slickness area so straight shavers will no doubt especially appreciate this.

Busy day with our meetings this morning and I've been called back due to demand for another Congregation Bingo game tonight. Just to clarify, this is NOT like some do to raise funds. FREE cards and a fun game for everyone with winners getting some baked goods. Focus is for the fellowship since we can't get together as usual. Have a GREAT day Cadre !!!
IMG_20200516_064727918.jpg

Sunday Morning May 17, 2020
2020 Shave # 149 ( 559 Consecutive Shave Days )
Razor: Lupo
Blade: Wizamet (2)
Brush: Yaqi Moka Express
Soap: Ethos Pre-Lather and CFG Sherlock
Aftershave 1: Humphrey's Alcoholado Maravilla 70
Aftershave 2: CFG Sherlock Splash
Fragrance: CFG Sherlock EDP

Groundhog day shave as I'm repeating yesterdays shave for science. Today after hydrating my whiskers I applied some of the pre-lather with a few strokes of the roll-on all over my face and then used my brush to work it in and over my face. It has a pleasant orange citrus scent (Not sure why it had me thinking lemon yesterday) I then rinsed the brush and loaded off my soap puck and proceeded with my face lather. I got a lather that is what I am normally accustomed to from CFG perhaps a little better consistency. Before the 3rd pass I reapplied the pre-lather and proceeded with lathering for the 3rd pass. I didn't notice any extra slickness during the removal of lather and I'm wondering if it is the drag some talk about with regard to the DLC coating on the Lupo razor. After 3rd pass removal my face felt good and hydrated but I needed to add water to bring out residual slickness. Once I applied water to my face the slickness was crazy and you would be hard pressed to do any skin stretching as it was that slick. I can see ones that may benefit from this and may even NEED this but I'm a simple shaver beyond the typical soap, witch hazel, aftershave and frag, so probably it wouldn't be a product for me. I know the plans are for the production run of this to be upped even more in the slickness area so straight shavers will no doubt especially appreciate this.

Busy day with our meetings this morning and I've been called back due to demand for another Congregation Bingo game tonight. Just to clarify, this is NOT like some do to raise funds. FREE cards and a fun game for everyone with winners getting some baked goods. Focus is for the fellowship since we can't get together as usual. Have a GREAT day Cadre !!!
View attachment 24263
Congregation Bingo sounds like fun!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

The Congregation Bingo sounds like some good old fun! No pressures just people getting together and enjoying themselves! I hope that's what you do Dave. Have some fun...you sir need it!

Last edited:
Back