The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Bourbon Country Shave Journal - Dave in KY

I got almost 7 sporadic hours . That should count for something...................Wait till you get old after working crazy shifts like I did......................you'll see ;) How you doing? Slow at work I guess.
lol I'm hoping to leave the crazy shifts behind before i get to that point. Doing good. about time for a cup of coffee i think. it's been a quiet night. Good for the system but makes it harder to stay awake.

Friday Morning May 15, 2020
2020 Shave # 147 ( 557 Consecutive Shave Days )
Razor: Rockwell 6s Plate 5
Blade: Wizamet (4)
Brush: SV 2.0 Ziricote
Soap: Zingari Man The Healers
Aftershave 1: Humphrey's Alcoholado Maravilla 70
Aftershave 2: Nivea 2 into 1 Splash
Fragrance: Paco Rabanne Pour Homme

Finally a chance to use this soap for the 1st time and love it. They say it's a blend of sweet citrus, cucumber and pineapple and I get it, a bright fun Citrus scent for sure with the typical great performance. Had a great shave after.....................................................24 hours. Yeah, this felt good. Have swell day Cadre !!!
IMG_20200514_211448496.jpg

Saturday Morning May 16, 2020
2020 Shave # 148 ( 558 Consecutive Shave Days )
Razor: Lupo
Blade: Wizamet (1)
Brush: Yaqi Moka Express
Soap: CFG Sherlock
Aftershave 1: Humphrey's Alcoholado Maravilla 70
Aftershave 2: CFG Sherlock Splash
Fragrance: CFG Sherlock EDP

Needed to use a soap not known for it's residual slickness to test a product. Had a great shave although I think I got a placebo for the test. Didn't see any difference. I used the soap alone for the 1st pass just to have a gauge to measure by. Rinsed soap residue VERY good after 1st pass and applied the pre-lather. Then proceeded with the lather for pass 2 and 3. No difference to me. The product was easy to apply and has a nice mild lemony scent to it. Took the Sherlock for the tour as I had the recently acquired EDP from a trade with @MilkCrate Have a great day Cadre !!!!
IMG_20200516_064727918.jpg

Ah...Sherlock...Ghost Town Barber's slightly more sophisticated brother. The family that smells bad together...well..just smells bad. 🤪

Back