The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Bourbon Country Shave Journal - Dave in KY

Wednesday May 6, 2020
2020 Shave # 134 ( 548 Consecutive Shave Days )
Razor: Schick G Injector
Blade: Schick Chick (?)
Brush: WCS 26mm Synthetic
Soap: ????? x 2
Aftershave 1: Humphrey's Alcoholado Maravilla 70
Aftershave 2: Proraso Green Splash
Fragrance: Tom Ford Noir Extreme

2nd use of the Unknown Soap Sample and a better lather but still just an adequate soap for me. No loss not knowing it's make etc. Got my 1st use of the WCS brush my wife nabbed from me when she opened the mail for me one day. I see these are sold out now so unless Don @Techichi comes up with something similar I'll have to just swipe borrow my wife's from time to time. Love the balance of efficiency and comfort of the G Injector. Have a GREAT day Cadre !!!
IMG_20200505_220409333.jpg

Good looking brush! That’s how my wife started out. She snagged a brush and a tub of Maca Root out of one of my mail calls.
My fault. I started her down the road with her own setup. Lady Gillette and a Custom Sorrentino brush. Once she realized the shave was better and lasted longer it was over. Now if I'm doing a soap sale she sniffs them first and removes what she wants. Whatevers left I'm allowed to let go of......glad she's enjoying it.

My fault. I started her down the road with her own setup. Lady Gillette and a Custom Sorrentino brush. Once she realized the shave was better and lasted longer it was over. Now if I'm doing a soap sale she sniffs them first and removes what she wants. Whatevers left I'm allowed to let go of......glad she's enjoying it.

I tried to get the missus on a DE, but she won’t give up her Harry’s razor. She has a brush and a soap stash. But she goes through my soaps to see if she wants to try something different. Almost forgot, she told me yesterday to buy another CBL Patchouli 🤣

She can do a lot worse than Harry's. That's my cart of choice these days.
is

She can do a lot worse than Harry's. That's my cart of choice these days.
No wonder you opted to grow a beard. We need a recovering cart addicts thread to support these peoples recovery before it hits pandemic levels and we get a working vaccine....

Wednesday May 6, 2020
2020 Shave # 134 ( 548 Consecutive Shave Days )
Razor: Schick G Injector
Blade: Schick Chick (?)
Brush: WCS 26mm Synthetic
Soap: ????? x 2
Aftershave 1: Humphrey's Alcoholado Maravilla 70
Aftershave 2: Proraso Green Splash
Fragrance: Tom Ford Noir Extreme

2nd use of the Unknown Soap Sample and a better lather but still just an adequate soap for me. No loss not knowing it's make etc. Got my 1st use of the WCS brush my wife nabbed from me when she opened the mail for me one day. I see these are sold out now so unless Don @Techichi comes up with something similar I'll have to just swipe borrow my wife's from time to time. Love the balance of efficiency and comfort of the G Injector. Have a GREAT day Cadre !!!
View attachment 23137
OH my I want that Brush!

OH my I want that Brush!
Thanks, so do I but they're sold out and I only have this because my wife's things were moved over to my den due to somebody doing some Sheetrock work in the master bathroom........ Eventually it will be back in her bathroom and I can just borrow it. This was my first use of it since I bought it and she swiped it.

Back