The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Bourbon Country Shave Journal - Dave in KY

That does suck. Hopefully it was a one off. Otherwise that guy is a jerk and will never be a Dave. And I agree, I hardly ever use my SV brush. Dunno why but it’s more of a show piece.

Sorry about the brush Dave. At least, should you continue to use it, you could probably get the knot replaced at some point! She’s still a looker!

:unsure: @Dave in KY
Maybe Rogaine?
Shedding brush is a bummer. We can put a man on the moon. But the big problems have yet to be solved. Sad.
Hope the silky smooth effects of the skin food manage to help assuage the disappointment caused by the brush.
That does suck. Hopefully it was a one off. Otherwise that guy is a jerk and will never be a Dave. And I agree, I hardly ever use my SV brush. Dunno why but it’s more of a show piece.
Sorry about the brush Dave. At least, should you continue to use it, you could probably get the knot replaced at some point! She’s still a looker!
Shedding brushes really aggravate me too. But it is a looker!
What soap will you be 3017ing? At least the brush handle is a keeper.
Dang Dave, real bummer about the brush. :(
Thanks Guys, I will use it and hope it eventually stops. I messaged the guy a short message just to see his response if any.

Me - 1st use and 10 hairs shed...................

Him - That’s not bad. I have only used it once or twice so it’s still pretty new.

Me - Full disclosure is always nice though. Hopefully it will settle in. None of my Paladins have ever shed a hair from new and my SV brush I got new never shed a single hair either.....That much shedding should be noted in a sale but I won't belabor it. It is what it is.

Sunday May 3, 2020
2020 Shave # 131 ( 545 Consecutive Shave Days )
Razor: Blackland Vector
Blade: Schick Proline (2)
Brush: Rubberset 400
Soap: ETHOS Succes (Pineapple Noir)
Aftershave 1: Humphrey's Alcoholado Maravilla 70
Aftershave 2: ETHOS Succes (Pineapple Noir)
Fragrance: Acqua Di Gio Profumo

What an amazing shave with the Ethos Succes (Pineapple Noir). Easy lather and slickness was great. Left face feeling great and it only got better with the Skin Food Splash benefits. Back to the next 3017 tomorrow. Have a great day Cadre !!
IMG_20200503_060225181.jpg

Sweet!

3017ing is a lifestyly to me. I even take that approach to leftovers in the fridge. My wife will only eat leftovers once and if I don't tackle it, it'll be thrown out (which is a big No-No to me)

Nice shave Dave! Out of curiosity do you prefer the Proline blade to the Proguard blade? Idk if you have talked about this before, but I have noticed that you mainly use the Proline blades with your Vector.

Beautiful set up today. It’s funny, as many samples and frags as I’ve picked up over the years I still haven’t tried ADG Profumo. May need to rectify that.

Saturday May 2, 2020
2020 Shave # 130 ( 544 Consecutive Shave Days )
Razor: Lupo
Blade: ASCO (6)
Brush: SV 2.0 Bamboo
Soap: Dragonsbeard
Aftershave 2: Dragonsbeard
Fragrance: Prada Luna Rossa Black

Felt a break for a luxury shave between 3017's was in order before starting another soap. Went with Dragonsbeard and a new to me SV 2.0 in Bamboo. Gorgeous brush and glad to have it but it shed at least 10 hairs while using and you know how I feel about shedding hairs during a shave........... Will it stop? I don't know. Still glad I have the brush but will never understand people that knowingly sell what they know is a shedder and don't disclose that in the BST listing. NO way seller didn't know. They are the type that have no concern for others and only themselves. Putting it out of my head and moving on. It was an amazing shave and especially using the Skin Food Splash which surprises me every time I use it how good it makes my skin feel. The ASCO blade is still smooth but lost it's sharpness so will change that for the next shave. Have a great day and weekend Cadre !!!
View attachment 22681
Dave:
I have 3 of the SV brushes and all of them shed a bit at 1st. Other than that SV stands behind the product no matter who is the Owner I have Contact info for the principals in Brebbia, IT. . IF it continues PM or call me and I will get you in touch with them. That being said the knots Are so over packed that 25-50 hairs over a course of time is expected as these are sources from Northern Europe Let me know

Dave:
I have 3 of the SV brushes and all of them shed a bit at 1st. Other than that SV stands behind the product no matter who is the Owner I have Contact info for the principals in Brebbia, IT. . IF it continues PM or call me and I will get you in touch with them. That being said the knots Are so over packed that 25-50 hairs over a course of time is expected as these are sources from Northern Europe Let me know
Thanks a bunch Dave, I'll give it some time and see how it goes before I contact them. Hoping it'll slow or stop because I do love there brush (y)

Monday May 4, 2020
2020 Shave # 132 ( 546 Consecutive Shave Days )
Razor: Schick Stick
Blade: Schick Chick (1)
Brush: Stirling Boar
Soap: Zingari Man No. 1
Aftershave 2: Nivea 2 into 1 Splash
Fragrance: Penhaligon's Blenheim Bouquet

Reached for another 3017 that I felt I could power thru. Yep, it already had a use and looked like I might get it used up this morning which turned out to be the case. Zingari Man No 1. Here's what they say about it which is just a bunch of foo foo wording:

Designed by French perfumer Yann Derriennic of Byron Parfums, No. 1 is an original fragrance made exclusively for Zingari Man products. Destined to be signature, the fragrance seems to mimic and balance the characteristics of its wearer. The scent pairs an earthy but fresh modernity with a subtly dark sense of class to evoke an air of quiet confidence that brings masculinity to a slightly sweet and smooth, rosey brightness. This fragrance is evocative of high-class evenings, and it’s one of the most nuanced you’ll ever find in a shave soap. No. 1 shave soap is formulated in the Sego base and poured into a gorgeous, Italian, frosted-glass jar.

What I get: It's a bright fresh and floral (rose) scent. Not a buy for me but a great base that gave me a nice track for the Schick Stick to race around on. Really a Novelty razor but always wanted one. Happy to have acquired it thru trade from @MilkCrate Not sure where it falls in the aggression progression of the Injectors but felt mild while still being efficient. Seemed closer to an E than a G. 1st shave with the Stirling Boar that didn't shed a single hair. Probably not done but getting there. That's all I got Cadre, have a stupid fun day !!!
IMG_20200504_061310781.jpg

Back