The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Bourbon Country Shave Journal - Dave in KY

OH my I want that Brush!
Thanks, so do I but they're sold out and I only have this because my wife's things were moved over to my den due to somebody doing some Sheetrock work in the master bathroom........ Eventually it will be back in her bathroom and I can just borrow it. This was my first use of it since I bought it and she swiped it.
Ya dang it. That's the one they sent me in green and I swapped off. I didn't think I'd have an issue just ordering the other colours at some point.

Now that Eric is doing his own resin work handles, we’ll never have to worry about supply again!

This was the Shave pic of what the soap sample looked like.....
IMG_20200506_202408220.jpg

And this is what became my beginning shave pic.....
IMG_20200507_063036619.jpg

And this is what my shave became..........
Thursday May 7, 2020
2020 Shave # 135 ( 549 Consecutive Shave Days )
Razor: Razorock Lupo
Blade: Vidyut Super-Max (1) Treet Platinum (1) Derby Extra (1)
Brush: Wolf Whisker Black Wolf
Soap: ????? x 3
Aftershave 1: Humphrey's Alcoholado Maravilla 70
Aftershave 2: Skin Bracer
Fragrance: Penhaligon's Lothair

So I decided while I'm going thru my soap sample 3017's that I should try some of my razor blades that have been sent as extras with other things I've received. I decided to go with the Vidyu Super-Max to start. Within the first few strokes I could tell that it wasn't the sharpest blade and while not a rough shave it was struggling to get thru the stubble. Midway thru the 1st pass I decided I would try another blade for pass 2. I opted for an old nemesis to me, the Treet Platinum that always left me with weepers. It on pass 2 was immediately recognized as another one that I could get thru the shave but not nearly sharp enough as I could feel the tugging so binned it after completing pass 2 and swapped to the Derby Extra. Well the Derby finished the shave and was smoother feeling although I don't know if it was due to less stubble on pass 3 or a better blade but it still wasn't sharp enough. I feel like my face is at a DFS level but I am already considering an evening shave if I have the amount of stubble I suspect I'll have. The soap was again foamy and so no worries that I have no idea what it is as I wouldn't buy it anyway. At least the sample has expired and I will be on to another one to 3017. Have a great day Cadre !!
IMG_20200507_064247690.jpg

I should try some of my razor blades that have been sent as extras with other things I've received
Without rolling the video?

I would recommend this journal entry. The author not only shares his shave with us, but takes us on a journey of sorts. The death of a soap. The exploration and struggles of taking the road less traveled. Dave peels back the curtain on the every man and lets us glimpse how a polished exterior gives way to a lifetime of experience and reflection.

Without rolling the video?

I would recommend this journal entry. The author not only shares his shave with us, but takes us on a journey of sorts. The death of a soap. The exploration and struggles of taking the road less traveled. Dave peels back the curtain on the every man and lets us glimpse how a polished exterior gives way to a lifetime of experience and reflection.
I was concerned it would be perceived as an accelerated Chad's Bad Blades series on steroids and would cause copyright lawsuits. He probably has more lawyers than me and it could lead to a prolonged and drawn out battle in the courts. That said, if I was employed at the moment, my people say we would have had a chance to be successful in mounting a defense.

PS - The Video Crew is on furlough

Any assured blades left? I still have one
I think 1 was sent but I had my own. I'm NOT trying to use trash blades. Just trying different ones on hand I never used before. I have a tendency to just use what I know works and these accumulate. You keep it as you seem to enjoy them for some reason 🤪

Great post. A Tour de Force. I'm with @NurseDave twists, turns, and tugging mediocre blades. Sub standard anonymous soap. All expertly navigated through. And in the end. An acceptable shave. Got a little scared in the middle. Worrying that things might take a turn for the worst. So glad it worked out for ya Dave. You deserve a Cookie.
Fluffy

Great post. A Tour de Force. I'm with @NurseDave twists, turns, and tugging mediocre blades. Sub standard anonymous soap. All expertly navigated through. And in the end. An acceptable shave. Got a little scared in the middle. Worrying that things might take a turn for the worst. So glad it worked out for ya Dave. You deserve a Cookie.
Fluffy
All gone already ☹️ But I think there's an emergency stash of Oreo's 😜😎

I HATE OREO COOKIES! Unless they are crushed up and used as a crust or inside ice cream
What other wayward ways did you acquire while gone.............................actually I remember you stating this before and clearly you leaned nothing while gone. I didn't take them out of there hiding spot yet by the way............

Friday May 8, 2020
2020 Shave # 136 ( 550 Consecutive Shave Days )
Razor: Gillette Red Tip
Blade: Wizamet (?)
Brush: Paladin 26mm Vesuvius Chief
Soap: WCS Grapefroot
Aftershave 1: Humphrey's Alcoholado Maravilla 70
Aftershave 2: Pitralon
Fragrance: Tom Ford Grey Vetiver

Had a nice early shave today as I need to head to Lexington (2 hr drive) for out patent surgery to remove something from my lower eyelid. Started the once used sample of Grapefroot soap from WCS provided by @DeepSea It's a decent soap/cream and a nice vetiver and grapefruit scent giving a dirty citrus basically. The Red Tip with a Wizamet swipe the lather and stubble away with ease. Rocking the TF Grey Vetiver today and ready to get done and home. Have a good stinky but Stinky Fun Day Cadre !!!
IMG_20200507_202234438.jpg

Back