The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Bourbon Country Shave Journal - Dave in KY

Motor City Monday! I didn’t realize there were different aggressive levels of injectors. Good news on your brush. Mine has stopped shedding as well.

Sorry to hear about the SV shedding, hopefully it stops soon. I saw No. 1 when I was looking at The Essentials and the notes sounded nice, but definitely not for me, I'm not a rose person; I'm a human person.

Tuesday May 5, 2020
2020 Shave # 133 ( 547 Consecutive Shave Days )
Razor: GBS Slant
Blade: ASCO Orange (1)
Brush: @Graydog Cocobolo 2 Band
Soap: ????? x 1
Aftershave 1: Humphrey's Alcoholado Maravilla 70
Aftershave 2: Barbasol Pacific Rush
Fragrance: Penhaligon's Opus 1870

Couple new to the den taken for a spin as well as an IDK Soap(I Don't Know what it is)

Soap: 1st we'll get the soap sample out of the way. No idea what it is. It was in a sample plastic container with a snap lid that was sticky like it had a label on it which probably said what was in it..................scent was light so I have NO idea. We'll see if it's me or the soap but it was really an airy lather but still proved sufficient for the task. Looks like I'll get at least 1 if not 2 more shaves from this but I'll power thru as that's what a 3017 is all about.

Brush: This was a kind and much appreciated gift from @Graydog I will say I remember being at the old place and seeing his brushes and thinking wow, nice brush. I wonder how/where to get one. I eventually got one on trade after leaving the old place and finding home here. It was too light of a handle for me and I pif'd it to someone. Fast forward to Steve reaching out to me recently and offering me a Twinsie brush made from the same blank of one he was doing for @NurseDave Then he contacting me saying he was thinning his growing stable and offered me this beauty. Can't believe I have 2 brushes from this legendary brush philanthropist we all know as @Graydog Well not only is it BEAUTIFUL, it feels good in the hand and the knot is a pillow of softness that does a great job lathering. Smiling ear to ear Steve and thanks again.

Razor: This was from a Pif done by Les @gvw755 after he did an extensive tour of his Slant razors. I've always been intrigued by slants but at the time only had the 1 Krect. If you haven't followed you missed out (Still can read it in the DE section) Les knows his slants and has some cool and scarce razors. This is a clone of the Razorock Stealth. The shave was close and comfortable. Only problem with the razor is the head is HUGE !! It feels like shaving with a sledgehammer that holds a blade. I'm glad he included a Maggards handle to lessen the weight some as the original is a monster in weight as well. Bottom line is it was a nice 1st outing with this and a welcome member of the den. It now will have me hunting a Wunderbar which is the one from my research that I will want to get when the White Whale raises it's head at a reasonable price. Thanks for your enabling Les ;)

That's all I got folks. Have a Stellar day Cadre !!!
IMG_20200505_050717585.jpg

Back