The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Bourbon Country Shave Journal - Dave in KY

Hope the surgery goes well! It's always a little uneasy when they get close to the eye. The medical staff should be appreciative of how you smell!

Ewwww eye ball stuff. Freaks me out. But I’m sure you’ll be fine. Just no pictures please.

Car died as I parked. Lights had been coming on dash as I got close. Googled nearby auto center and called them to come while I was in appointment. Got out and wife and car still there so I got it jumped and drove to them. Sitting in waiting room while they diagnose/fix so I can drive 2 hours home.......... meanwhile my eye is sore but I'm alive 😜

Dirty citrus sounds awesome. If I had known that I would've gotten some sooner!

Drive safe, Dave!

Soryy Dave for the Crummy Day.Hopefully results come back with good news on the removal of whatever. But at least you still smell great. You do still smell great don't you?

Well that sounds like a pretty poopy day Dave. I hope your wife make take pity on you and hook you up with your own batch of muffins. On another note, I've learned than when I spell out bingo calls like bee thirteen, Don skims right over them.
Hey! Ii only skimmed over some of them!

Hope the situation is resolved Dave! Thank goodness you at least made it to the appointment :ROFLMAO:

11 hour day on the road for a 30 minute micro surgery. After getting out, jumping car and getting to auto center. I said I'm here, no need to send help. Told them I think it's the alternator and it's a lifetime replacement from Advance Auto. They took the car back immediately. 2 hours later the come tell me my alternator is bad and covered.............okkaaay. 2 more hours later they were proud to tell me they were done. 4 hours but thankful that they got ot done for just the $95 labor. It gets better.........30 minutes into the 2 hour drive home there's an accident and instead takes 4 hours to drive home. I'm just in the door after get the prescription and need a drink.......... maybe more than one......

Thanks for the well wishes guys 😎

Dang Dave, sounds like quite the day. Glad to hear you made it through to the other side.

Glad ya made it home safe man. Feel free to pour an extra couple fingers into the tumbler tonight :LOL:

Dang Dave, sounds like quite the day. Glad to hear you made it through to the other side.
Glad ya made it home safe man. Feel free to pour an extra couple fingers into the tumbler tonight :LOL:
Sorry about the long day, but at least y'all are gone safe! More than one drink sounds appropriate!
Thanks guys. All in all a day that was frustrating but successful. The drink(s) will help dull the throbbing eye 🤪

Well I hope you told them to forget trying to hide the scar and you wanted a big mean nasty looking one like from a bar fight!

Saturday May 9, 2020
2020 Shave # 137 ( 551 Consecutive Shave Days )
Razor: Vector
Blade: Schick Proline (3)
Brush: Paladin 26mm Beehive LE Honey Noir
Soap: WCS Grapefroot (3)
Aftershave 1: Humphrey's Alcoholado Maravilla 70
Aftershave 2: Aqua Velva
Fragrance: Guerlain Vetiver

Shave 3 with the Grapefroot and Vector. Video uploading !
IMG_20200508_210141585.jpg

Man...bad day yesterday Dave. Like you said...a good night's rest can cure something like that. I am confident that it won't bring your spirit down! Thinking of you.

Back