The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Bourbon Country Shave Journal - Dave in KY

Friday May 1, 2020
2020 Shave # 129 ( 543 Consecutive Shave Days )
Razor: Gillette Red Tip
Blade: PolSilver SI (?)
Brush: APShave Co 28mm Gelousy beehive
Soap: CBL Barbershop (2)
Aftershave 1: Humphrey's Alcoholado Maravilla 70
Aftershave 2: Aqua Velva
Fragrance: Nautica Blue

Had a great shave with the remainder of CBL Barbershop. This great soap made the 3017 seem like a very short run. The AP shave brush is extremely soft but too big for little ole me's face so watch for a PIF. Topped with Aqua Velva and Nautica. Heading south to see how my parents are doing and to feed the bears at the dump. Have a great day Cadre !!!
This:
IMG_20200501_055742814.jpg
Became this:
IMG_20200501_060606783.jpg

Sometimes a 3017 just seems to fly by.
But that brush is a midget compared to that F-400Razorock. I have to make a dump run as well. No bears here just bald eagles and turkey buzzards and raccoons
Have a good one Dave.

I missed something, so humor me..... why did you acquire a second 2nd Anniversary Brush?

Saturday May 2, 2020
2020 Shave # 130 ( 544 Consecutive Shave Days )
Razor: Lupo
Blade: ASCO (6)
Brush: SV 2.0 Bamboo
Soap: Dragonsbeard
Aftershave 1: Humphrey's Alcoholado Maravilla 70
Aftershave 2: Dragonsbeard
Fragrance: Prada Luna Rossa Black

Felt a break for a luxury shave between 3017's was in order before starting another soap. Went with Dragonsbeard and a new to me SV 2.0 in Bamboo. Gorgeous brush and glad to have it but it shed at least 10 hairs while using and you know how I feel about shedding hairs during a shave........... Will it stop? I don't know. Still glad I have the brush but will never understand people that knowingly sell what they know is a shedder and don't disclose that in the BST listing. NO way seller didn't know. They are the type that have no concern for others and only themselves. Putting it out of my head and moving on. It was an amazing shave and especially using the Skin Food Splash which surprises me every time I use it how good it makes my skin feel. The ASCO blade is still smooth but lost it's sharpness so will change that for the next shave. Have a great day and weekend Cadre !!!
IMG_20200501_212425502.jpg

Yeah...shedding brushes are a no go! It's expected with a new brush. Or maybe a hair or two along the line. But 10 hairs on a brush that's been used? Hopefully that is the end of it Dave! Gotta get me some of that Dragon's Beard Skin Food Splash!

Sorry to hear about the shedding brush. That kind of thing is frustrating to me as well. At least it’s purty.

Back