The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Bourbon Country Shave Journal - Dave in KY

Says the guy shaving once or twice a week lately.......

Whoa whoa whoa...............................let's keep these goals realistic and attainable
Fair enough...

Looks like I might be going back to work soon...so I will get back to shaving two or three times a week. 🤪

Very nice setup! I’ll support your 3017 efforts.

I have several soaps that I will not replace. I go back and forth on whether to 3017 or just use them once and again.

Thursday April 30, 2020
2020 Shave # 128 ( 542 Consecutive Shave Days )
Razor: Nacet Razor on Durham Duplex Handle
Blade: PolSilver SI (?)
Brush: Sorrentino Cadre Member Brush
Soap: CBL Barbershop
Aftershave 1: Humphrey's Alcoholado Maravilla 70
Aftershave 2: Pinaud Clubman
Fragrance: Pierre Cardin

Spurred on by my few Supporters and MANY Ridiculers I am tackling yet another and the the 1st of I hope eventually 11, 3017's. With that many to do I felt today was the time to get this rolling. CBL Barbershop was the 1st to get the nod as it had a use on it already and I need to ease into this lofty endeavor. I got a good lather going with the Cadre Member Brush although the salsa bowl has too smooth a surface inside and I had some pieces of soap in the mix of lather. This stumble out of the gate will not discourage me. I will see thru the next shave or 2 that it may take to finish this soap and then scratch up the bottom in some way to facilitate the soap sticking better and help the mixing of lather or I may transfer it to another bowl such as my Stirling travel one. I did get a nice lather and shave from the Nacet razor that to me mimics the Raised Flat Bottom very closely. Topped off with Clubman and Pierre Cardin. Have some things to get done around the house today because ........................................that's where I'm still at.........Have a GREAT day Cadre !!!!!!
IMG_20200429_195943167.jpg

I'm pretty certain that when the wife gets up, I'll be eating some freshly baked Sour Dough Bread...........................
IMG_20200430_060343784.jpg

Back