The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Bourbon Country Shave Journal - Dave in KY

Tuesday April 28, 2020
2020 Shave # 126 ( 540 Consecutive Shave Days )
Razor: Gratiot Krect Spiral Slant
Blade: Wizamet (?)
Brush: Cadre 1st Anniversary Brush
Soap: Mystic Water Leather and Smoke
Aftershave 1: Humphrey's Alcoholado Maravilla 70
Aftershave 2: Clubman Gents Gin
Fragrance: Scuderia Ferrari Black

Lather, shave and repeat. Same razor with same results. Have a great day Cadre !!
IMG_20200428_063731123.jpg

Nice post Dave! I am going to need you to tell me how to lather that soap if you wouldn't mind. I used it for "Y" day and I don't think I got it to lather as it is supposed to. Great scent though and the Maggard's Tobacco and Leather splash paired nicely with it.

Nice post Dave! I am going to need you to tell me how to lather that soap if you wouldn't mind. I used it for "Y" day and I don't think I got it to lather as it is supposed to. Great scent though and the Maggard's Tobacco and Leather splash paired nicely with it.

I do it like all my soaps. Some have trouble due to their water but I think she reformulated to eliminate any issues. They used to say to use cooler water. Add water slowly till you get consistency you like. Not much more I can say than that and check some of the older videos here of mine or especially KJ who I think has a several this month using MW. Hope that helps!

Wednesday April 29, 2020
2020 Shave # 127 ( 541 Consecutive Shave Days )
Razor: Bigelow and Parkin Travel Razor
Blade: ASCO (5)
Brush: @Graydog Quilt Twinsie
Soap: Zingari Man The Soloist
Aftershave 1: Humphrey's Alcoholado Maravilla 70
Aftershave 2: Nivea 2 into 1 Splash
Fragrance: CK Amber Gold Euphoria

Decided it had been a bit since using this unusual and cool little travel razor so took the BP out for a spin and the ASCO blade continues to be a smooth operator. If you are the one that sent me these, PLEASE remind me who you are? Nice smooth shave and smelling great. I have a dozen soaps set aside that I'm considering doing 3017's with as @Cvargo has influenced me. Have a great day Cadre !!!
IMG_20200429_064656815.jpg

Last edited:
I do it like all my soaps. Some have trouble due to their water but I think she reformulated to eliminate any issues. They used to say to use cooler water. Add water slowly till you get consistency you like. Not much more I can say than that and check some of the older videos here of mine or especially KJ who I think has a several this month using MW. Hope that helps!

Thanks Dave I will be sure to try that out next time i use that soap!

I may not do them immediately one after the other but I have a semi-FIRM resolve to do them. These are the ones I'm semi-DETERMINED to 3017. Some have a use or 2 already so I'm hoping I can power thru.............I will no doubt need encouragement and support to accomplish this......
IMG_20200429_074825658.jpg

Back