The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Bourbon Country Shave Journal - Dave in KY

Monday April 27, 2020
2020 Shave # 125 ( 539 Consecutive Shave Days )
Razor: Gratiot Krect Spiral Slant
Blade: Wizamet (?)
Brush: Cadre Legacy Brush
Soap: Lakewood Smokeberry
Aftershave 1: Humphrey's Alcoholado Maravilla 70
Aftershave 2: Barbasol Pacific Rush
Fragrance: Azzaro Visit

Today I considered a video but 1) I had nothing to jabber about on my mind (Que the jokes and gif's) 2) I wanted to focus more on the shave than video chat and timing of the video. Translation = I wanted to just enjoy the shave and I did. I focused on the angle instead of just being on automatic and took Smokeberry which is an AMAZING scent and stronk for a spin with the Krect Spiral Slant. I had after deep reflection and hesitation to say it my BEST shave I have EVER had since my shaving Journey started back in 2008. INCREDIBLY close and ZERO irritation to a point the Dave's Dolphins would be totally confused and jealous. Since I used a real RARE razor I decided to use a RARE aftershave as well and topped off with Pacific Rush and Azzoro Visit. Feeling Great and smelling Better...................................watch out world !!!!!!!! Oh wait..............................social distancing and stay at home...................................Watch out anybody on my hill in Kentucky !!!! Have a great day Cadre !!!!
IMG_20200427_060137510.jpg

Dave...you sell yourself short...I can smell you from here! 🤪

Thanks Tim, seriously thinking of running out to stock up on some meat today.............

Stocking up on meat is never a bad thing. The wife and I made our order a couple of weeks ago with the slaughterhouse that come to the farmer's market. We are good to go...but I am still thinking of getting some more!

Stocking up on meat is never a bad thing. The wife and I made our order a couple of weeks ago with the slaughterhouse that come to the farmer's market. We are good to go...but I am still thinking of getting some more!
1587991632772.png

We were probably fine on meat for the short term but news today talked of food supply chain issues and Tyson saying there will be shortages due to their meat plants closed. In 3-4 days food stamp benefits will hit the majority of homes around this area and they will WIPE things out. Instead of running to my account for the best stuff I just got an assortment from Walmart before the shelves are emptied for us and In-laws. Wife had next 2 week shopping slated for Monday and that would have been too late. The carnivore in me feels better now 😜

We were probably fine on meat for the short term but news today talked of food supply chain issues and Tyson saying there will be shortages due to their meat plants closed. In 3-4 days food stamp benefits will hit the majority of homes around this area and they will WIPE things out. Instead of running to my account for the best stuff I just got an assortment from Walmart before the shelves are emptied for us and In-laws. Wife had next 2 week shopping slated for Monday and that would have been too late. The carnivore in me feels better now 😜
Probably for the best to be prepared. I for one going forward am trying real hard to buy all our meat from local (or as local as I can get) sources. I know it's cheaper to buy from the grocery store where they source from big meat companies like Smithfield and Tyson. I will never buy Smithfiled again as they are owned by a Chinese Co. (and seeing that China is a Communist Country, you could make the argument that Smithfield is owned by the Chinese government). But even a lot of large meat companies send their product to China to be processed and then shipped back to the US (seafood companies are notorious for this). Anyway...sorry for the long post.

But yeah...I have always been very much a meat person...but now...man can I put it down!

Nearly 12 hours later and I think I feel like a little stubble is coming up at my problem jawline area on 1 side. 12 hours later and I feel like I do after most shaves just finished.

Back