The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Bourbon Country Shave Journal - Dave in KY

I still haven't used my 2nd anniversary brush to shave. Been hand lathering it every couple of days to hopefully soften it a bit before I allow it to touch my delicate skin. 🤪

I still haven't used my 2nd anniversary brush to shave. Been hand lathering it every couple of days to hopefully soften it a bit before I allow it to touch my delicate skin. 🤪
I was going to try and beat it into submission and while lathering for the 1st pass decided it was to uncomfortable and not enjoyable, why am I doing this. Set aside to reknot......

I'll be glad if Eric does them next year and continually. Better if we can get the handle and do our own knots. I attempted to cut hairs off and drill down to weaken it and chip it out as I did my Rubberset. Epoxy appeared all the way up the hairs to the top of the handle.
IMG_20200425_150537948.jpg
So I ran a screw into it to pull knot out after the boil treatment
IMG_20200425_153304207.jpg
IMG_20200425_154546633.jpg
Negative success
IMG_20200425_160826880.jpg
IMG_20200425_160821926.jpg

"Z" is for Zingari Man The Blacksmith

Sunday April 26, 2020
2020 Shave # 124 ( 538 Consecutive Shave Days )
Razor: Gillette Fatboy
Blade: Wizamet (?)
Brush: @Graydog Twinsie Quilt
Soap: Zingari Man The Blacksmith
Aftershave 1: Humphrey's Alcoholado Maravilla 70
Aftershave 2: Clubman Whiskey Woods
Fragrance: BVLGARI Man in Black Essence

Video Posted

IMG_20200426_072720809.jpg

Great set up, and I love the pic.

Dremel will be the way to go, unless you're like Eric and have the correct Forstner bit

Even with the correct Forstner bit I end up doing some Dremel work, though the bit makes things a lot easier. Did they put that much epoxy in there, or was the knot just glued into a really deep glue plug? Same result either way, but it would be nice to know if the issue was with the knot itself or how it was set.

Back