The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Bourbon Country Shave Journal - Dave in KY

"W" is ALSO for Wholly Kaw King of Bourbon
Shave 2 for Tu......................THURSDAY
Thursday April 23, 2020
2020 Shave # 121 ( 535 Consecutive Shave Days )
Razor: Wizamet
Blade: Wizamet (3)
Brush: Stirling Synthetic
Soap: Wholly Kaw King of Bourbon
Aftershave 1: Humphrey's Alcoholado Maravilla 70
Aftershave 2: Winter Reserve Small Batch Shave Tonic
Fragrance: Nuit D'Issey Noir Argent

Well this Wizamet Adjustable didn't come in yesterday as I had hoped for the "W" shave today but did this evening so it was in time for my 2nd shave of the day and a couple more "W's" in soap and Aftershave. I will say the razor is sharp looking as they had polished it up. It just lacks the numbers being painted which I will try to take care of. A couple issues with it are: 1) it is VERY hard to get the TTO to work. You can get it going but have to hold the head and grip the knob and torque on it to get it started and then it will spin. Need to do the same to ensure it is tightened down. 2) I don't know if the guy in Hungary took it apart to clean and put together wrong or if it's missing anything internally but the tray seems to be twisted after tightening down. 1 side barely can feel cutting and the other feels pretty aggressive. I still managed to eek out a smooth 2 pass shave from it with the help of some quality products to support it. Till the morning everyone have a good evening and a good nights sleep ! THAT INCLUDES YOU @bentheduck !!!
IMG_20200423_172244507_HDR.jpg

Sorry to hear that the razor is not quite right. How did the guy in Hungary list it? Was it priced accordingly?
That's a conundrum I have. It took so long to get here and had no tracking that I told him it never arrived and he refunded the total payment. Then it just showed up and when I saw it I was thinking I need to contact him of course and send payment back somehow. With the issues, I don't feel I should have to pay for it but it bothers me. I would like to keep and get fixed and maybe send a partial payment but don't want to open a can of worms at this point either. I'm perplexed as to what to do........

"X" is for X by Black Ship Grooming

Friday April 24, 2020
2020 Shave # 122 ( 536 Consecutive Shave Days )
Razor: X3 Gillette Tech
Blade: Wizamet (4)
Brush: Stirling Boar
Soap: X by Black Ship Grooming
Aftershave 2: Ethos Succes SFS
Fragrance: Acqua Di Gio Parfuma

X from Black Ship grooming is a blend of Pineapple Bay Rum and Cedarwood.........................I get Pineapple and a so so lather just as I remembered from before. It's a nice soap but nothing special other than I got the "X" I needed. The Stirling boar had a couple hairs drop as is usual for it and some hairs are split I think. It still feels stiff so the break in continues. Hoping the grass will dry enough from last nights storms to mow today. Have an Optimistic Day Cadre !!!
IMG_20200424_060333801.jpg

Good luck with the mowing! Where I'm currently living, at my Mother's condo while I take care of her in her convalescence, the mowing is done by a landscape free, starting at 7:30am on Tuesdays. It's nice, but I wouldn't mind a slightly later start time. No big deal though.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Good luck with the mowing! Where I'm currently living, at my Mother's condo while I take care of her in her convalescence, the mowing is done by a landscape free, starting at 7:30am on Tuesdays. It's nice, but I wouldn't mind a slightly later start time. No big deal though.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
Thanks and yeah 7:30 is not to early for me but the wife would HIGHLY object

Sorry to hear that the razor is not quite right. How did the guy in Hungary list it? Was it priced accordingly?
It was only @$25 shipped. I opted to send him $15 back thru paypal. He avoids ebay fees so it will be more in his pocket than 60%. Hope he is satisfied and don't know why he wouldn't be. Otherwise he can pay to ship it back to Hungary. That gives me a clear conscience.

Hey Dave, I got a good night's sleep! Also, sorry about the razor being in a state of disrepair. Hopefully things get settled and your conscience gets cleared. Have a good one!

Here's the email response I got from the Wizamet seller and I feel good about the transaction now:

Dear David!
We are very happy your razor finally arrived in safe. we sent it in really great condition full working. But don't forget it is an East Europe product from communist era these razors are not Gillette quality:) Super thank you for money! ENJOY! TAKE CARE!
Warm regards Károly.

And a Second email followed:
And forgot to say you are a gentleman!
Best regards Károly.

"Y" is for NYC by A&E

Saturday April 25, 2020
2020 Shave # 123 ( 537 Consecutive Shave Days )
Razor: Razorock Lupo
Blade: Wizamet (5)
Brush: Sorrentino Sea Foam
Soap: A&E NYC
Aftershave 2: A&E NYC
Fragrance: Penhaligon's Endymion

So the soap was chosen as I love the artwork and it has a "Y" in it for the ABC theme shaves. I started with the 2nd anniversary brush but after 5 hairs came out and the stiffness and difficulty to lather with it, I set it aside to decide what to do with it. The Sorrentino Sea Foam was called in for relief and finished in stellar fashion. Have a GREAT day Cadre !!!
IMG_20200425_062223613.jpg

Back