The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Bourbon Country Shave Journal - Dave in KY

"J" is for JUNIPER

Friday April 10, 2020
2020 Shave # 106 ( 522 Consecutive Shaves )
Razor: Lupo
Blade: Gillette 7 O'Clock Black (4)
Brush: @Graydog Quilt
Soap: @Mystic Water Bergamot, Cedar & Juniper Stick
Aftershave 1: Humphrey's Alcoholado Maravilla 70
Aftershave 2: Clubman Gents Gin
Fragrance: Penhaligon's Bayolea

Another Mystic Water soap and another Stupid Slick lather that gave the 7 O'Cock Black blade the help it needed to get thru shave 4 as it feels to have dropped off in sharpness and requires going over and over the same area. The Graydog brush worked great although I keep waiting for it to have the knot pop out as I used the silicone to set it again. Hoping t lasts, but if not I will get some epoxy to use. The Cadre coin in the bottom just barely fit. While not being recessed as usual, I'm glad it could at least be used. It gives a Weebles wobble but they don't fall down effect while standing on the counter which makes me smile. Topped off with Gents Gin and Penhaligon's Bayolea has me smelling fresh and ready for the day.

Heading south to check in on some customers still open (Grocery stores) as well as to check on my parents which is permissible. I will be at a distance while we visit and get anything they need from the stores. Have a great day Cadre !!
IMG_20200409_141807225.jpgIMG_20200409_141626555.jpg

Last edited:
Nice set up Dave, and nice SOTD photo with the scenery! Sounds like you have a pretty productive day planned. Have a good one!

Have a safe drive, Dave. I would've got with 'J' for Just because, but I'm a little.......different. 🤪

Hey Dave...you watch you language there son...it’s just a razor blade... 😜

Abby needs a steak today, she told me. See what you can do about that please. :cool:

"K" is for King of Bourbon
Saturday April 11, 2020
2020 Shave # 107 ( 523 Consecutive Shaves )
Razor: Rockwell 6s Plate 5
Blade: ASCO (2)
Brush: SV 2.0 Ziricote
Soap: Wholly Kaw King of Bourbon
Aftershave 1: Humphrey's Alcoholado Maravilla 70
Aftershave 2: Winter Reserve Small Batch Shave Tonic
Fragrance: Prada Luna Rossa Black

1st Off, I LIED in the SOTD but can't edit it. Hey I'm old and forgetful. ASCO blade NOT the Wizamet. It did a great job on shave 2 and color me impressed. Not replacing my Wizamet but a good blade. We'll see how long it lasts. "K" is for King of Bourbon. I LOVE this scent and soap base. The Small Batch Tonic is just SOOOOOO yummy too and then topping with the Prada Luna Rossa Black ! It's a shame I can't go out and share the scent goodness but I will definitely enjoy it. Have a great day and weekend Cadre !!!
IMG_20200410_183039856.jpgIMG_20200411_064424660.jpg

Back